This past weekend we flew down to Newport Beach. It was Landon's first time flying since he got his instrument rating and he was so excited. As we flew through the clouds, he just kept saying "I can't believe I'm actually ALLOWED to do this!" I'm so happy for this kid. He is doing what he absolutely loves. He is following his dream. How many people can say that?
Anyway, we landed in Newport and we were greeted by a worker at the airport who asked if we would be needing a car. Why yes, we just flew in from Hillsboro and now we would like to use a free car. Holy cow! We kind of felt like celebrities. I'm telling you, it's unreal.
okay, so it's nothing fancy. But hey, it's free!
So we hopped into our "fancy" car and drove down to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. So much fun! My favorite part was looking at these little teeny tiny (smaller than the eye of a needle) baby octopuses. They were cuties. I also loved the shark tunnels...kinda creepy!
Newport Aquarium is where the whale from Free Willy was kept. Orcas are Landon's favorite animals, so of course Free Willy is a favorite childhood movie for Landon. We had to take a picture by the Keiko monument :)
After the aquarium we ate lunch at a local diner and then drove down to the beach.
Walking along the beach, listening to the waves, climbing on rocks....I'm OBSESSED with the ocean. I could go every day and not get sick of it.
The day could not have been anymore perfect. I'm so lucky to have married such a cool guy who makes my life one big adventure.




This is SO cool Hannah! What a fun life. I am so happy for you and so happy for Landon. You are such a cute, supportive wife. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! When are you flying into Utah???
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! that sounds so cool, and makes me miss the ocean!
ReplyDelete