I’m so sick of being that girl… you know the one frantically running around like a chicken with her head cut off…
I’m not late. Ever. In fact, not only am I always on time… but I’m always at least 10 minutes EARLY.
There were three times last week where I was late. And it wasn’t just being late to a party or to church or to work… these were things that you really don’t want to be late for…
Toni’s rehearsal dinner, Toni’s wedding, and my flight back to Oregon
Yeah… I have to document my experiences of being late because it’s just kinda ridiculous!
1. Toni’s Rehearsal Dinner
The dinner started at 6:30. We left my house at 6:25. Dinner was in downtown Salt Lake. We were cut off on our way to the freeway and then the guy messed with us for about 5 minutes (slamming on his breaks, not letting us pass him, trying to get over and he would get right over and slam on his breaks) He thought he was really funny… yeah NOT funny. Toni tried to hold off the dinner from starting as long as possible, but at 6:50 she didn’t have a choice and we still weren’t there. About five minutes later, Jenna and I walked in and the whole room burst into applause. I almost jumped under a table and hid. I've never been more embarrassed in my life!!!!
2. Toni’s Wedding
We left with PLENTY of time to get to the temple (again downtown) but hit traffic. We were supposed to be at the temple at 8:50 but we were just getting to parking at that time. It took 20 minutes to find a spot. Now it’s 9:10 and the wedding starts in 10 minutes… we booked it to the temple and sat down right as the sealing started. 30 seconds later and we wouldn’t have made it to the wedding. Worst feeling EVER.
3. My flight
They say you’re supposed to get to the airport about 60-90 minutes before your flight. Mine was scheduled to leave at 9:50 which means I should have been there at 8:30 ish… I didn’t leave for the airport until 8:50… (I was at Mary’s baby shower and everyone convinced me it would be okay to stay later). Normally it wouldn’t be too big of a deal getting to the airport 40 minutes before a flight… unless the lines for security take 20 minutes… So now it’s 9:30… 20 minutes until my flight. I check the departure board and my gate is B22… which is pretty much the furthest possible corner of the airport. By the time I get there the guy tells me my flight is at C13… it’s now 10 minutes until my flight. Not only am I at the wrong gate… I’m at the completely OPPOSITE end of the airport. I asked the guy to call and tell them I was on my way… he told me he’d call but they wouldn’t wait. So I booked it to C13 and honestly thought I was going to pass out… well there was no one at the counter… it was 9:47… I went to another counter and begged him to call my plane and let me on… it was a miracle but he scanned my ticket, unlocked the door, and then a stewardess met me and told me to just leave my bag with her and run… I couldn’t believe I made it. Everyone glared at me as I huffed and puffed my way to my seat.
Now I know why I always like to be at least 10 minutes EARLY… you just never know what’s going to happen… ugghh! I hate being late and I hate being FRAZZLED!
Oh my gosh Hannah! What a nightmare. I can't believe you were late for your flight too! What a nightmare-ish weekend for being late! I hate that feeling just as much as you do...I am so sorry! I bet you are glad to be back at home and in control of your time! :)
ReplyDelete