I don't know you yet, but I just have this feeling that I'm going to be head-over-heals crazy about you. I hope you know that your mom is always on your side. I'm your friend and I'll always be there for you, standing up for you and loving you no matter what. It makes me cry just thinking about how much LOVE I have for you and you're not even here yet.
I can't wait to hold you in my arms and kiss your chubby little cheeks. I can't wait to see your eyes wide with wonder as your learn about the world around you. I can't wait to hear you giggle for the first time. I can't wait for you to say "momma." Most of all, I just can't wait to love you with every ounce of my being. You are going to be so loved.
This is my first letter where I'm actually going to tell you about your dad! It's so weird because all of those other letters I couldn't tell you about how cool your dad was because I didn't really know :) Well let me just say, you are pretty dang lucky! You should hear the way he talks about you. He likes to pretend he isn't a mushy-gushy sap... but he is going to be wrapped around your little finger. He already wants the very best for you. He is working so hard for our family so he can give you the very best.
From the first night I talked with him, I knew he was going to be a good dad. He told me how he coached swimming at his neighborhood pool. I saw that he loved kids and loved teaching them. I remember introducing him to your cousins for the first time…and man, he was a HIT (and still is!). The first thing they say when we walk in the door is “LANDON!” …not “Hannah!” He is going to play with you and wrestle you and be silly with you. He is going to be involved in your lives and be your friend, just like me.
He wants you to have fun things, but at the same time he isn’t going to spoil you. You may not see this as a blessing… but it is! He wants you to grow into responsible adults who know how to work and are grateful for what they have. He also wants to teach you… not simply discipline you. He has high hopes that teaching you right from the start will establish boundaries and respect so we won’t have to constantly be correcting you. He has amazing beliefs and attitudes about parenting… ones that I learned through my schooling but he already knows. Okay, enough about the boring “parenting stuff” because he’s going to be SO much more than a good “authoritative” parent… he’s DANG cool and knows so much about EVERYTHING!
He’s athletic (swimming, snowboarding, water polo, basketball!), a math-whiz, musical, a handy-man, a pilot, an engineer, you name it and he’ll be able to do it. I hope he passes on some of these talents to you, but I know he’s going to be teaching you everything he knows. He is so patient and a great teacher. Also, the fact that he’s a pilot is going to be great for you because it means we’re going to be a travelling family. We’re going to see the world together and have so many adventures.
But this isn’t even the best part about your dad either. The best part of all is his heart. It is so big and so loving and his family is FIRST. He is completely devoted to his family. I’ve never seen someone who is so close to their mom, dad, and brothers… and now me! He is so passionate about his family… he realizes how sacred and eternal families are. There’s nothing that would ever come in the way of his love and commitment to YOU and to ME. We’re so lucky to have him!
I hope you know how loved you are. By me, by your dad, by your grandparents, by your aunts and uncles and cousins… but mostly by your Heavenly Father. You are one of his precious children and he loves you more than you know. He wants to be close to you. Say your prayers. Let Him into your life. He will guide and protect you throughout your life. When life is hard and unfair, turn to Him. Of course, you can always talk to me and your dad too… but Heavenly Father knows you best and he also knows how to help you and comfort you.
I want you to know that I daydream about you every day. I wonder what you will look like, what you’ll like to do, if you’ll be silly, if you’ll be more like me or like your dad. Right now your dad and I are taking time to develop our marriage and build a strong foundation so that when you enter our lives, you have a safe and stable place to call home. We’re saving up every penny, paying off our student loans, and looking forward to the day when we have you in our arms. I don’t think we’re going to be able to stop kissing you and telling you how loved you are. I can’t wait for that day. I know it’ll be the happiest day of our life—tied with the day we were sealed in the temple.
I can’t emphasize this enough… you are LOVED!
xoxoxo Momma
P.S. Remember this post about me being baby hungry and then this post about me not being baby hungry at all? Haha I think right about now I'm back to the starving feeling :)
I loved this. :) What a wonderful family you're going to have.
ReplyDeleteI think you should have a baby for your job. :)
ReplyDelete