Reasons why teaching is hard:
- you are standing on your feet all day
- you are an ENTERTAINER for 6+ hours a day
- you come home and still have 4+ hours of work to do
- you aren't just teaching abc's and 123's... you are teaching social skills, communication skills, manners, hygiene, etc. etc. etc!!!
- you are constantly worrying about them
- you are going going going going going....all day.
Reasons why teaching is worth it:
- you get to spend all day with 21 happy, smiling cutie pies
- 21 little people look up to you and think you're cool
- you get to watch the light-bulb turn on all day
- you get to see the kids grow and progress everyday
- I am suddenly an amazing writer, reader, oh and did I mention singer and artist? (only in their eyes of course!)
- everyday is filled with little moments that make you laugh so hard you almost cry
I can't even begin to explain how amazing student teaching has been. I have been blessed with an AMAZING mentor teacher who is always boosting my confidence and who is just so positive, upbeat, and truly become a friend to me. I have also been blessed with the cutest group of kids. My heart breaks to think that in less than two weeks, I have to say bye.
Lessons I've learned from these amazing kiddos:
- Be silly.
- Love to learn.
- Everyone is your friend--be kind.
Teaching is most definitely worth it.
Wise, wise words Hannah.
ReplyDeleteI'm grateful that you took the time to write this down - I've been having many of the same feelings! I am SO glad you've had such a positive experience!
Two weeks!!! That went by fast. I know you are the best teacher because you are so good with kids.
ReplyDelete