Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just What I Needed

Last night as I was helping my mom prepare her primary lesson, I found this quote in her church bag.... and it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Heavenly Father definitely answers our prayers through the scriptures and words of our modern prophets, and I'm so so grateful for that!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us...If we put our trust in him, if we will pray to him, if we will live worthy of his blessings, he will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

Fear is the opposite of faith, and they both cannot coexist in our hearts at the same time. I really need to work on not allowing fear to consume me and instead having FAITH in my Heavenly Father that everything WILL work out. The key is having faith. Such a primary concept, but it takes a lifetime (or longer!) to develop. Thank goodness life is simply about progressing and not about being perfect, or else I would be in big trouble :)

Happy Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. SO true! I need that quote on my mirror so I can read it everyday! I keep trying to have enough faith that I can be a stay at home mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read that... thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...