Friday, February 25, 2011

Emotional Rollercoaster

This past week has definitely been a WHIRLWIND of emotions. I will try not to go into too much detail, just a little rundown of the week (because I never want to forget it!)
  • Monday: Landon leaves for the airport at 9 a.m. for a flight to Portland for an interview with Intel. The flight gets delayed for an hour, then another hour, then another hour, when finally at 3 p.m. they tell them the plane is broken and they need to fly in a plane from Mexico. 13 hours after arriving at the airport Landon finally leaves for Portland at 8 p.m. (not to mention during this whole time the airline thought they lost Landon's bag... which would be awesome for him to show up to an interview in his jeans and t-shirt. Luckily, his bag was in Portland) This was also my very first night without Landon since we've been married. Lots of tears were shed :(
  • Tuesday: Landon had interviews all day at Intel and they went really well. Thank goodness because Monday was a day from heck!!
  • Wednesday: I picked Landon up from the airport. WOHOO!
  • Thursday: My last day with my cute first graders and my amazing mentor teacher. Such a sad day, but they threw me a party, brought me presents and cards, and were just SO cute! So it was one of those good day/bad days. Then as soon as I got home we left for Pocatello for another interview. It was snowing like crazy and as we we touring the town, we lost control of the car, hit a curb and completely dented a rim. Yikes!
  • Friday: Landon interviewed all day while I sat in the hotel room being lazy :) His interviews all went great, but unfortunately it was snowing all day. Let's just say the drive home was very scary and we may have almost died. We are definitely being watched over. Then right after that crazy drive, Landon got an email from Intel saying they would love to offer him a JOB!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!
I couldn't be more proud of my Landon! This Intel job was the one that we were thinking just wouldn't happen because it is with one of the top companies for engineering and on top of that, the group he would be working for is their TOP group. So basically this job is the best of the best. He's so dang amazing!!! What a crazy week!

We still have NO idea what we're going to do, but I'll definitely keep you posted! :) We still have a few more interviews to go...


Us being happy :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't get hurt on the drive! I hate driving in snow! Glad he got an offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I am so happy for you! It is so nice to know that you have SOMEWHERE and SOMETHING. It takes so much pressure off, especially when it is such a good job! Tell Landon Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's way exciting hannah! I know how you feel Morgan is interviewing for an internship with Microsoft next week and I'm so anxious for him. And this is just the first interview! Is he doing other interviews or just those two?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OREGON, OREGON! Thats what i'm rooting for :)
    i'm so glad you didn't die in the scary snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...