So Landon came home today with good news. He is getting flown out to Austin, TX and Portland, OR for two interviews. Of course I was so happy for him and for us, but in the back of my head all I'm thinking about is how each interview=at least 3 nights without Landon.
I know. I'm a WIMP. But we haven't spent one night apart. And even thinking about waking up and him not being there makes me cry. I don't know how wives like my sister-in-law Brooke go six months without their husbands, but I KNOW I could NOT do that. I would literally die. No joke.
Anyway, we just found out that the company that is in Texas PAYS FOR THE SPOUSE TO COME TOO!!!!!!! I was screaming and jumping around for ten minutes (not an exaggeration). Best news of my LIFE. And we're ecstatic!
Even if he doesn't get the job, we get a paid vacation to Texas--food, flight, hotel, rental car PLUS we get to see Landon's family in Texas! Yay!!! Happy day.
Crazy to picture our future here:
Or here:
Wish us luck! Eeek!!!
P.S. Maybe if we moved to Texas, I could start saying ya'll. Maybe I'd even pick up a cute accent and I'd definitely have to work on getting bigger hair ;)


That's so awesome! I am so incredibly jealous of you guys. I can't imagine Jeff actually having a real deal job. I've never been to Texas, so I can't say anything, but Portland is one of my favorite places in the world.
ReplyDeleteWell, I must first admit my East Coast bias - DC is a great place to live and I could get him an interview at Booz Allen...Also, a professor of mine once said that if she owned Texas and Hell, she would rent out Texas and live in Hell. So there's that to consider. Seriously though, if you end up having a choice, do some research on school performance and other facts about the area. GOOD LUCK LANDON!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha! That post made me giggle, oh Hannah you're such a Newlywed! But I hate when Tom is gone too, and we've been together 15 yrs! Good luck with all the interviews! I hope you stay close though!
ReplyDeleteI hated going to homemaking when I was a newlywed - I would cry. That's so fun that you get a little vacation out of your trip to Austin. Good luck!
ReplyDelete