Monday, January 31, 2011

Not So Starving.

Do you remember this post? About me being not just baby hungry, but baby starving?

Ha... It's funny how much my attitude has changed since then. Don't get me wrong... I still daydream about the day when I get to hold my baby in my arms, but I'm okay if that day doesn't come for a few years.

Why? Well... first off Landon and I are still in school. And we have plenty of school loans that we need to worry about. Plus, I will NOT work after having a baby. This means we have to wait until Landon has a STEADY job that allows me to stay home.

But even if money weren't an issue and we were millionaires... I still don't think I'd be quite ready.

Why? Well, because I absolutely LOVE this time with just Landon and me! I love that I can put all of my focus and attention on that cute boy. I love that we can have random date nights. Or spend all night just laughing and playing and hanging out just the two of us. I don't know if I'm willing or ready to share him quite yet....

But I know that when we are ready that it will be the most joy and love either of us have felt. I know that we will love that baby more than I can even imagine. I can't wait.... oh wait, yes I can! :)

P.S. My nieces and nephews are pretty much as cute as they come. I love thinking about how my kiddies might look like them! Chubby cheeks and all :)

4 comments:

  1. Man, you're being smart. There is nothing as scary as having a baby and not knowing how you'll pay for everything.

    But that being said, there's nothing as wonderful as a baby.

    It's a vicious paradox.

    (Get as many date nights as you can.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Whatever Hannah! :) I know how you REALLY feel! If everyone waited until they could "afford" a baby then no one would have any! But you'll know when it's the right time. It's different for everyone. And I will say there is NOTHING worse than leaving your baby and going to work. Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just wait until you see Zoey again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so important to wait until it's the right time to have a baby and that is a decision that is between you and Landon and Heavenly Father. There is NO going back afterwards!!

    And ditto Sally, there is nothing harder than leaving your baby to go to work - and I get a year long mat leave after having a baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...