Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas in Texas

Well, this might be the last spare minute I have for the next four months, so I better blog while I can! :) I started Student Teaching yesterday in a first grade class and I am still very nervous and am definitely lacking confidence, but I'm so excited and love the kids and my mentor teacher so much!

Anyway, we left the day after Christmas for the 19 hour drive to good ole Texas! It was our first time being there since the divorce, so it was definitely hard and will take some adjusting to splitting our time. Other than not feeling like we had enough time with both parents, we really did have so much fun! We got spoiled by both Landon's mom and dad and feel SO lucky to have such amazing family and friends in Texas. It was so hard to say bye :(

Some highlights of the trip: going out to eat to Pei Wei, Olive Garden, and Red Lobster, getting two Christmas dinners, two Christmas mornings, playing XBOX Kinect, playing endless amounts of games (things, apples to apples, and catch phrase), Texas shopping, and of course just getting to spend time with our family!

Galleria Mall in Dallas, TX. Biggest mall I've ever seen!

Christmas # 2 with Suzette

Christmas # 3 with Daren (thanks for the cute face Landon)
We love our visits to Texas and miss everyone already!! Well, wish me luck with student teaching and we'll see how often I update this thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...