Sunday, January 30, 2011

Confession: Today I Taped My Skirt...

Yep. You heard me. There was a hole in my skirt. So I taped it.

I like to think I'm going to be one of those cute little housewives that does crafty things while playing with the kids all day while the hubs is at work.

There's just one little problem with that picture... I do not have ONE OUNCE of craftiness in me. Great. How am I supposed to be a cute little stay at home momma?

Yikes. I need to learn... Pronto!

I need to learn how to:
  • Make cutesy home decor items
  • Sew on a button (pathetic, I know... But I have like five shirts/jackets with missing buttons that I just don't wear because I accidentally don't know how to sew the button back on...woops!)
  • Learn how to quilt so I can make my babies quilts. Oh, and all their bedding for the crib. I could save SO much money. Plus, they would turn out SO cute!
  • Learn how to hem pants. I also have a stockpile of pants that are too long for my short stubby legs... so instead of hemming them (because I don't know how) I simply just don't wear them.
  • Basically just learn how to SEW. I have sewn before... I took some classes in high school and would come home crying. I.hate.sewing. But I really want to like it.
So I guess it's a good thing we aren't having a baby anytime soon... because I have A LOT to learn!

1 comment:

  1. Girl you want to be Mary Poppins not a mom! No one is perfect like that! =)You taping your skirt is more of a mom than anything! Moms improvise and figure out how to do things on the top of their head , and with very little money! Which is exactly what you do! Just the fact you want to prepare shows how much you will be a good mom! Hate to tell ya though no matter how many skills you learn before hand you wont learn anything until that baby is in your arms. You will realize all the books, and even other moms telling you things will help you be prepared and than you find yourself completely clueless! Having children is def baptism by fire type of approach. You have to experience things to know how to handle them. Its not a thing you can "study" for. Just RELAX and enjoy every min you and Landon have together as just a couple. Your family will grow when Heavenly Father finds it right. Just remember once those little ones get here you have 18 + years of having them be first priority before yourself. Enjoy strengthening your marriage so that when the little ones come you two will be secure in your relationship cause having a baby equals long nights with no sleep (and its not because of romance) and fewer date nights. You will get the hang of being a mom in due time! Im on my second and I find my self terrified with how am I going to do two when I am JUST learning how to handle one lol ! I wish you the best and know that I am here for ya ! hey, I suck at sewing so we can be non sewing mommas together! lol I have Matts grandma (who is a professional seamstress ) do the important stuff ;) wow sorry so long! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...