Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 13 Weeks!

So I decided I want to do little updates during this pregnancy to document everything. I think it will be really fun to look back on one day! I'm not sure if I'll do this weekly, every other week, or just when I feel like it. We'll see :)

Baby is the Size of a: Peach! That seems SO big to me. 3 inches?! When I think about how small his little fingers are, it kind of kills me. I can't really handle it. He is SO cute! And apparently he now has fingerprints. He's also looking way less like an alien and more and more like a baby! :)

via
Cravings: I don't really "crave" anything actually but if I do feel like having a treat I just want straight up SUGAR. Like fun dip, pixie stix, sour patch kids, skittles, starbursts. It's like I'm back to being 8 year old Hannah. And I don't want any chocolate. It's bizarre!!

Food Aversions: Everything. Seriously food is so gross.

Weight Gain: None--see above. I'm worried that when my appetite does come back I'm going to go crazy and become a little piggy.

Symptoms: Okay this is not a complaining session. Because I LOVE being pregnant!!! But I have definitely been pretty sick. I take vitamin b6 and a unisom every night before bed, which helps but I still feel pretty nauseous all day and then nighttime is the worst. I only puke 1-3 times a day, so it's really not anything too crazy. I'm also pretty dang tired, and starting work again 2 weeks ago has been rough. On Friday I got home from work and took a 1.5 hour nap and then the next morning slept in until 10:15 and a few hours later took a 2 hour nap! Oh and it's a little early to be having this problem but I have already had pain in my sciatic nerve. My sister (Dr. Emma!) gave me some stretches to do and I think they're helping!

Oh and I just get a kick out of everything I have by my bed. I'm such a preggers! ;)

all the necessities--puke bucket, puke bag, pregnancy book, tums, saltines, water, prenatals, sprite... ha!
Fears: Well, I've always been terrified of labor but I try not to think about it too much. And I also get really freaked out thinking about how fast time goes and how in basically 2 minutes Baby Boy will be going to Kindergarten. That's not really okay.

General Mood: Happy! I definitely have some mood swings and can get angry/ticked off pretty easily, but overall I'm just so so happy and so grateful! I was telling Landon the other day that this is probably the happiest time of our lives. Becoming parents? Oh man, I can hardly believe it! I guess I should add that I also cry over pretty much everything. I'm SO emotional right now.

Sleep: Yes please! My dream would be to sleep 12 hours every night with a 2 hour nap every day.

Maternity Clothes: No, but I am definitely getting thicker around the waist! I know it's mostly bloat and not the baby yet, but my tummy is definitely round. I've started to just either leave the top button of my pants undone or do the whole rubber band trick.

Movement: It's definitely too early, darn it! I can't even wait! I've heard for your first baby it takes awhile to actually feel the movement, so it'll probably be awhile.

Looking Forward To: We have an appointment Wednesday with a new doctor (never going back to that dumb doctor who didn't print the picture for me!) and I can't wait to hear his heartbeat!

I'll probably start taking "bump" pictures pretty soon, but right now I just look kind of chubby ;) I really can't wait until I'm actually showing! Oh and this is the last week of my first trimester. Woot! I feel like this pregnancy is flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...