In my family there are 16 nieces and 4 nephews. My family is really good at making girls, so I've always assumed I would have girls too. The last boy born in my family was over 9 years ago. So when I found out I was pregnant again, I knew right away that it was a girl. Duh, it had to be a girl! It's not that I was thinking that because I wanted it to be a girl, I just knew it was. So I was thinking of girl names, looking at girly clothes, and getting excited thinking about all the free clothes I would be getting from my sisters ;)
On top of that, all the old wive's tales were telling me girl. The baby's heartbeat was 170 at our 9 week appointment, which is pretty darn high. A high heart rate means girl! There's this theory called the "Ramzi Theory" which you can do if you get an ultrasound between 6-8 weeks and if the baby is on the left side it's a boy and if it's on the right side it's a girl. My baby was on the right side. Chinese gender calendar said girl, dangling the ring above my belly said girl, and all I wanted to eat was SUGAR which seemed girlish right? (Seriously, give me all the nerds, fun dip, and sour patch kids!!!)
Well at 10 weeks I got my blood drawn for genetic testing. It's pretty cool how easily they can test for genetic disorders nowadays. The cool thing about genetic testing, though, is that they can determine the gender too! All from taking some of my blood! I was told the test results could take up to 2 weeks, so I waited patiently. I told my nurse that I did NOT want to find out the gender over the phone. I wanted to be with Landon! She was so cute and told me that she doesn't make cupcakes but that she could write the gender down and I could pick it up instead of finding out over the phone :)
Well one week later I got a call from my nurse! She told me that she wouldn't tell me the gender but all the other results came back good. Yay! Anyway, it was my first day of work (of course) so unfortunately I wasn't able to go down to the office immediately to get the results and had to wait HOURS. Oh my gosh, I was freaking out. Luckily Suzette was able to drive down to the office and pick up the envelope for me!
After work my parents, my brother Joey, and Suzette and Jason came to my brother's house (where we're staying until we close on our house). I was seriously freaking out. Like spazzing (as you can see in the video!)
We all went around the room and made our guesses. Everyone said girl except Joey and Landon didn't guess because he's a stinker :P
I seriously need to get myself under control because I can't even type right now just thinking about how I felt when I saw that blue paper. Of course I felt SHOCK but I felt so much more than that too. Cue the TEARS....
Even though I was convinced all along it was a girl, it just felt SO right at that moment that we were having a boy. I can't even tell you how happy I was to see blue! Landon's face in the video kills me. You can just see how happy he was too. A little boy! A little mini-Landon! My heart really can't take it!!!!
Knowing the gender just made everything feel that much more real. To be able to say "he" and to start picking out names and to picture HIM. Gosh, he is going to be the sweetest thing. Landon asks me every day how our baby boy is doing and we are pretty sure we've found his name (but we're keeping it secret, sorry!) It feels SO right that we're having a boy and we couldn't be more thrilled. I'm going to be SO outnumbered, but I can tell you right now that I'm the luckiest to have all my sweet BOYS!!!

Okay I have silently stalked your blog for a long time and I just want to come out and say how much I loved your video! It was adorable and it was so fun to hear your speaking voice! Thank you for posting! I loved it! And hopefully you don't think I am creepy. Lol 😉
ReplyDelete