Monday, October 5, 2015

Getting Settled in Utah.

Okay I've been meaning to blog, but it's just been a little busy over here. Get ready for some exciting news :)

So we got to Utah on Sunday September 13. No jobs, no house, living in my brother's basement. Landon had an interview on Monday September 14 and then had to fly back to Portland to finish working for 2.5 weeks. Those few weeks were rough. Anyway, that Thursday the company called to offer Landon a job! A JOB! Can you believe it?! He was in Utah for less than 24 hours and he got a job. He's incredible! It was really scary moving to Utah so blindly, but we felt so strongly about it and just knew deep down it would all work out. Crazy stuff!

So Landon finally got home on September 30th. YAY! So we started house hunting. We have an AMAZING realtor (thanks for recommending her Toni!!!!) and we looked at a million houses all week. We thought about building in East Lehi, but the HOA and the price of the home was kind of freaking us out. It was gorgeous, so we signed a contract but knew we had 10 days to back out. So we kept looking. The next day, a new house came on the market. I sent Landon the link and said, as long as this house doesn't stink we are buying it! Haha. So we saw it and LOVED it and decided to put in an offer. Well, turns out they had already received an offer earlier that morning! And the seller had countered it. The buyers had until Sunday at 6pm to accept that counter and if they accepted the counter, there was nothing we could do. They'd be under contract. But guess what? They accepted the counter AFTER 6pm, which meant the buyer could now look at his other offers (yes, he had received multiple offers including ours!) and we just found out today that he accepted ours and we will be closing in THREE WEEKS!!!! Holy cow! It is all thanks to our amazing realtor who was persistent and made our offer the strongest :) Thanks Dana!!!!


The house is in Riverton, was built in 2007, it's in a culdesac, has room for Landon's shop, 4 bedrooms, tons of closets/storage... We LOVE it! I can't believe it's really happening!

And if that wasn't enough excitement, we also got a new car. Well new-ish! :) If you don't remember what I was driving before let me refresh your memory. This is Turtle. Our lovely 1993 Toyota Tercel.


So getting a 2008 Corolla feels like I'm driving a luxury car! Air conditioning, power locks/windows, cruise control.... I'm all fancy now! ;) ha!


Okay and if that all wasn't exciting enough... Landon learned how to paraglide! It has been a dream of his FOREVER! He had a week off work before starting his new job so I told him he just needed to do it! The first day he just went off the hill and then would have to hike back up. It was SO amazing watching him! He's just a natural.




isn't he cute?!

The second day he actually went off the top of the mountain. I was SOOOOOO dang nervous. Like seriously I could hardly even watch. But of course he did awesome and LOVES it! He was really born to fly.




Anyway, so I think it's safe to say that our first few weeks of Utah have been pretty eventful!! We LOVE being home!!! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...