When I am sleepy I lose all of my coherentness (is that a word?!) Landon always teases me because right before bedtime, I get this scratchy, whiney voice. It's like my body is shutting down. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I am out cold. I have never had the opportunity to sleep through an earthquake, but there is no doubt in my mind that I would just keep on snoozing.
Well, two nights ago at 4 am our fire alarm started going off. My gut reaction... Roll over and go back to bed. I thought to myself, "hmmm, that's really weird the alarm is going off." but didn't think to get out of bed, smell for smoke, collect belongings... Nothing! There's something seriously wrong with me people!
Luckily, Landon can think straight even when he is tired and jumped right out of bed to see what was going on. I kind of remember hearing him banging around in the garage and thinking, "oh he must be putting out the fire..." but I wasn't alarmed at all. Just kept on snoozing!
Luckily for me, there was no fire. Our fire alarm is just pyscho. But you guys, I'm worried about having babies. My thought process when I'm sleepy is just not rational...at all! I'll hear the baby crying and think, "oh that's so sad the baby is hungry... She can wait until morning for sure!" Not really okay. I don't know how to fix this problem... I'm just such a good sleeper.
That sounds like me - before kids. Everything changes after kids. It starts during pregnancy when you can't sleep for the last trimester. And breastfeeding really helps with getting sleep and being tuned into baby - hormones are a blessing and a curse!!
ReplyDeleteI'm still nursing Alice and these days I just roll over, insert boob and then go back to sleep. It's awesome!
This totally sounds like me! I'm a great sleeper. I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere and it takes me like five seconds to fall asleep. I actually slept THROUGH a fire alarm once. My step-dad was baking something at like one in the morning once for some odd reason and apparently the fire alarm when off and I just kept sleeping.
ReplyDeleteI've worried about that with kids before too! Hopefully we'll both be able to think rationally enough to go and get our future babies when they cry in the night.
If not, I'm sure our husbands will wake up and will be able either get the baby or talk us into getting up, right?
i am the same way! except i sleep through fire alarms... they never wake me up :/... one time tho, there was an earth quake and i woke up and thought "oh that must be an earthquake" and went straight back to sleep. seriously, my brain when i'm tired is weird!
ReplyDelete