Saturday, July 7, 2012

Blah.

You know those "How are you feeling today?" magnets. Well this is how I'm feeling today:

yes my hair is in braided pigtails. my husband happens to be fond of pigtails. so what?
Blah. Blah. Blah-ity-blah.

I don't even know why. Well I guess there are lots of little things that are causing me to feel so whiny, but there's nothing really wrong. 

Sometimes I think my blog is too "sunshine and rainbows" ish. I just seem to be motivated to blog when something exciting or happy happens. I don't always feel like blogging about crappy, not-so good days. 

Despite popular belief, I am not always happy. Some people have told me they can't imagine seeing me angry. HA what a joke! Trust me people... I definitely have my moments (just ask Landon! Poor guy...)

So in case you were wondering I do have a temper/anger problem. I also have anxiety have had to learn ways to cope and keep myself sane. 

My sister has always told me when I am feeling stressed or anxious or sad, just write down a list of things that are making you feel that way. Once you see it on paper you will realize how silly it was for you to be feeling so overwhelmed. This list REALLY helps. For some reason it all seems so jumbled and a HUGE deal in my brain and then I write my list and only can think of two or three things that aren't really a big deal and suddenly I feel much better.

So here's my list:
  • Possibly not being able to go to Utah in August anymore. I will get to go in December, but I was really counting on going next month. Boo.
  • Missing my little brother's missionary farewell. 
  • Not having any hobbies or working towards any goals. I'm so used to being in school and constantly having stuff to work on and learn... and now I feel like a bump on a log. I kind of feel like a waste.
Really not a big deal, I know. Luckily I have a husband who knows how to make me laugh and smile even when I just feel like crying. Oh, I have so many stories I could tell you, but for some reason they're just way too cute and I want to keep them to myself. Oh man, he's a keeper. I'm so lucky.

Anyway, here are a few of the other contenders for the "How I'm feeling today?" picture, simply because I enjoy embarrassing myself.


It's true actually. I really enjoy being embarrassing. In middle school my friends and I would go to the grocery store or the mall to "make fools of ourselves." That's what we called it. Belting out the national anthem in the middle of the mall with my hand on my heart (you know how they have those big flags hanging...), garbage bagging, loading a single grape onto the belt at the grocery store (they cost 2 cents by the way), meditating in the elevator, dressing up like complete lunatics and going out in public, etc. etc. etc. 



Maybe one day I'll even get brave enough to post my Zac Efron video on here. It was on the blog for about 3 hours and then I deleted it :)

Well those memories definitely cheered me up a bit. Here's to the weekend and a happier attitude tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. I saw the Zac Efron video and it was awesome! Hannah, I didn't know that Joe is going on a mission? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! totally reminds me of my middle school years. and don't worry, we all have days like this. :D you aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, you're adorable! I agree with Ashley, we all have days like this. I might be more grumpy than happy sometimes, (Poor Hubby), but he always gives me reasons to smile. I might steal your list idea though.. Anyways, always remember, tomorrow's a new day =] PS, You're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hannah! Just wanted to say that I really appreciated this post. Nice to remember that other people (even people as awesome as you :) have these days too, and eventually they go away and its okay. And just because you have these days doesn't diminish what a great person you are (I don't know if that's a worry of yours - although it's not logical, sometimes it is a worry of mine). I also have anxiety issues and totally understand where you're coming from in that regard. And I've definitely done the list thing too in trying to cope. It really helps, doesn't it?

    You are great. Remember, not all days are like this! Tomorrow may be AWESOME - you never know what's around the corner! Some of the best things that have ever happened in my life have been a surprise! Sleep well and hope you have a great day tomorrow. :)

    ~Rachel

    PS (I'm getting MARRIED next month!! Reading your posts about how much you love being married life has helped add to my excitement. So thanks for all the happy posts too! I really love reading your blog when I get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Jenna just told me about how you guys would buy popcorn at the store JUST so you could trip and spill it everywhere at the food court at the mall. N-E-R-D-S!!! Haha and now she's telling me how you guys used to act like manicans at the mall! Wow...you guys were really something. And to think that of all the girls at Eastmont we chose to hang out with you girls first...

    Jace

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...