Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Big Butt

When I first met Landon my very very very first impression of him was, he is thee coolest person I have ever met. I knew life with him would be an adventure.

So want to know what his next project is? Not a little 11 foot sailboat. A 32 foot yatch yacth yacht. A sailboat that can literally sail around the world. 

F-32 Trimaran  (link to more info on the big butt here)
Now that's a big butt! If you haven't seen Finding Nemo... you're going to be horribly confused for the rest of this post, plus you are really missing out!


Who in the heck are we? Man, if you told me three years ago that I would be marrying a motorcycle riding, computer processor designer, pilot, boat maker/sailor I would have laughed in your face. Hysterically. 

I'm not making this stuff up. He's really just that cool :)
This boy has goals. Big goals. And most people, like me, would say, "that'd be nice but way too much work" or "I have no idea how to build a boat." He just says, "I've never done this before but I know I can do it!"

Dang, I want to harness some of that attitude! It took me SEVEN MONTHS to muster up enough self confidence to figure out how to take down a tiny strip of wallpaper across the top of our kitchen cabinets. Seven months of excuses, whinings, and I don't know how's. 
But because of Landon, one day I will own a yacht and sail around the world. Isn't that absolutely crazy?

In other less exciting, but still kind of exciting news, progress on our little butt is continuing. Her name is officially Thumbelina (most of you probably know why) and she will be gun metal gray, white, and black--a pretty classy looking butt if you ask me. 

Here are some recent pictures for your viewing pleasure:

covering the seats with fiberglass

on our grass drying. it was cool to see the butt off her stand and out in the open :)

almost all of the wood is covered by fiberglass now. It's a shame because the wood was so pretty!
By the way, I don't help much with the butt anymore. I sit on my own butt on a camping chair in the garage and read or blog while he works. 


We just like being in the same room :)

1 comment:

  1. i used to be in the same room with Dave while he did homework too. I would sit in the chair and read or blog while he worked on homework. That's too funny. I can't wait to see your boat finished!! And Landon definitely is the coolest guy - even Dave thinks so. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...