Sunday, July 1, 2012

Beach Weekend

I definitely know we were meant to live in Oregon. We just love it here. Remember this post when we were weighing the pros and cons of living in Oregon or Texas and I was a complete stress case? It's funny looking back on that now because I just know this is where we are supposed to be!

We spent the weekend at the beach and even though it was only low 60's and kind of rainy, we had a blast! (By the way, Oregon's summer doesn't start until July 5th!) We drove up to Long Beach, Washington and spent the night at a hotel right on the beach. My employers are the best and invited us to their annual "Fourth of July Fireworks Extravaganza" at their beach house. They also paid for us to stay at the hotel. Told you, they're the best. 

The Adrift Hotel was "eco friendly" or as Landon said, an excuse to have empty hotel rooms without any furniture besides a wood pallet nightstand. Yes, only one nightstand. Gotta love the pacific northwest.
The hotel had complimentary beach cruisers so we took advantage of that and went on an 8 mile bike ride. So much fun! Long Beach has a paved trail right along the beach and it was simply beautiful. We had a blast!



The bones of a 38 foot beached gray whale. Pretty cool!

I love small towns! How cute is this little movie theater?


After that we went over to my boss' beach house for dinner and fireworks on the beach. Their house was incredible, the food and company was great, and it was awesome seeing the huge fireworks right on the beach. 


That night we walked along the boardwalk and watched tons of people light off huge fireworks. I love the 4th of July!

We woke up Sunday morning to cloudy, high 50's weather. We brought our neighbor's wet suits and were both a little nervous about getting in the 40 degree water on a cold day... but we decided to be brave and just do it. Oh my gosh, we had SO much fun! Oregon beaches are beautiful, but they are normally WAY too cold to get in the water. But with a wet suit, it really wasn't bad at all. We are definitely buying some so we can play in the ocean more! 


It was a perfect mini-vacation weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hannah, God has blessed you with a wonderful life. I am so glad you have enjoying this time in Oregon and with Landon. I am a bit jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your next job needs to be with travel and tourism for Oregon! I so want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave to get in that water! Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...