Tuesday, July 5, 2011

If You Visit Me in Oregon...

My parents came to visit us this past weekend and we had SO much fun! I miss them already!

I've decided to turn their visit into an advertisement to entice YOU to come visit us up here! I'm telling ya, you won't regret it! (Especially if you come this time of year... it hasn't rained all week and there's absolutely no rain in the forecast)

Okay, I guess I already advertised the weather for this time of year in Oregon, but lemme just reiterate... IT'S BEAUTIFUL! Mid 70's, sunny, PERFECT. Think about that next time you are melting your face off next fourth of July. Just come to OREGON and sit in the sun all day without any melting whatsoever! Okay?

Next, do you like the beach? Because Oregon has BEACH (about an hour from my house in fact). And I never thought of it as a beach where you can lay in the sun all day because of the clouds and rain... but trust me, this time of year is PERFECT beach weather. We laid out, took naps, watched the waves, and even flew a kite. I didn't even know that Oregon beaches could be so WARM! I'm completely OBSESSED with beaches... and very happy that there are so many airports right on the beach that we can fly to in less than 30 min... I know how I'm going to be spending my summer! :)





Okay, so you're not much of a beach person...well do you like mountains? Forest? Snow? Waterfalls? Hiking? Okay, perfect because we've got all of that too!






Beach, forest, mountains... what else do you need? Well how about an amazing downtown city right on the river? Full of the best people watching in America (guaranteed) live music everywhere you turn, and never ending malls, food, and entertainment.




Sounds like a perfect place for a little vaca eh? :)

But really we had so much fun with my cutie parents this weekend. We ate out five times, literally. We watched movies, pigged out on junk food, went on lots of walks, talked, and played guitar hero.

We also took a tour of the Tillamook cheese factory. Oh my, I was in HEAVEN. CHEESE factory. C'mon people. What could be better??


We went through the sample line twice :)


Why yes, I would love a BLOCK of cheese thank you!

Mama didn't want to be a boy...she'd rather be a COW than a BOY :)

Another fun part of our trip was going to Voodoo Doughnuts. Check it out here. So Portland! ...the atmosphere, the crazy crazy crazy doughnuts (like doughnuts covered in fruit loops and bacon)... But really, I've had much better doughnuts at Smith's. Glad we went for the experience, but that was my first and last time visiting. Well, unless we get some visitors up here who want to check it out...hint hint!

My doughnut was covered with a layer of Oreos

Oh, what a perfect weekend. I miss my parents already!!! Please come back again SOON okay?

And everyone else who HASN'T visited us yet... I will say that on top of all the fun things mentioned above, Landon will for sure take you up in his airplane too :)

That should be incentive enough. See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I definitely need a vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget a visit, you make me want to live there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you should work for the state tourism board... or whatever it's called. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...