Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Our Song

Some people were confused when I told them that our wedding song was "Green Eyes" by Coldplay. The obvious response from people was, “but you don't have green eyes!” My response, was always... so?

Okay, so my eyes barely have any green in them, but the rest of the words from this song just fit PERFECTLY.


Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I come here to talk
I hope you understand

That green eyes, yeah the spotlight, shines upon you
And how could, anybody, deny you?

I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter, now I’ve met you
And honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes

Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float
And I came here to talk
I think you should know

That green eyes, you’re the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who, tried to deny you must be out of their mind

Cause I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter, since I met you
Honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes
Green eyes

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand

I’ve always said that Landon is my rock. He keeps me grounded and calm when I feel out of control, stressed, upset… I really “could never go on without [him]”

I also love the part “I came here with a load and it feels so much lighter, now I’ve met you.” That hits the nail right on the head! I have trials, burdens, and just plain crappy things that happen to me (who doesn’t?!) but the thing is, it just doesn’t seem as bad now that I have Landon. I can have the worst day ever, but when I come home it’s like all of those things don’t even matter! Or if I am lonely & missing my family/friends (which happens pretty frequently actually) all he has to do is hug me and let me cry on his shoulder for a minute and then I’m as good as new.

Basically I love this song because it just sums up how life isn’t perfect, but with love in your life those bad days don’t even matter.

The best part about this song though, is hearing Landon sing it to me. Holy cow… there’s not a better sound in the world! As we danced to this at our wedding and Landon sang in my ear, I don’t even know how I stayed standing. I felt like I was going to melt away…or maybe float away… either way, I was the happiest girl in the world.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...