Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ultimate Teaching Job

Out of all of the districts in the Portland-metro area... these are THE ONLY job postings...And out of these 6 postings, I would only be able to apply to ONE of them.

I wasn't kidding when I said there are absolutely NO teaching jobs up here in Oregon...

Sometimes it gets me down when I think about it, so I really just try hard not to think about it at all. It's so hard though seeing all of my friends from Utah getting jobs teaching Kindergarten or first grade.

It's my passion. It's the only thing I'm really good at... Some people are good at sports, or play an instrument, or are really crafty... well I'm not any of those things. But I am a great teacher and I love kids. I've always known I was MEANT to work with children and change their lives for the better.

...I guess I'll have to wait to do that until I'm a mom. And you bet I'm going to teach my kids every single day! I'll teach them how to be a good person, how to read, how to be honest, how to write, how to be polite, how to ride a bike, how to be silly, how to be proud of themselves, how to tie their shoes, how to be kind, and most importantly I'm going to teach them about the gospel and how they are a child of our loving Heavenly Father.

I'd say that's the best teaching job in the world so for now I'll just be patient and wait for my "ultimate" teaching job of being a momma.

I can hardly wait.

3 comments:

  1. It is the best teaching job in the world! (sniff sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah I am in the same boat as you! Except that there are jobs and I am just not getting any interviews. One district along got 1700 applications. Ya, the HR lady told me I was out of luck. I want to teach SO bad. I don't want any other job. This is the only time I plan on teaching and I want to use my degree sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww Hannah you are going to be a WONDERFUL teacher of your own children! and maybe you will get to teach school sometime. How about in 20 years I'll end up in Oregon & we can open a preschool together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...