Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 in Review.

2017... what a year. I am ready to say goodbye that's for sure. I know life is full of ups and downs, but this year has been especially hard with what we've been going through with Landon.

But do you know what? As Landon and I have talked about this past year and our top memories, we've realized that there really have been some AMAZING times. So even when life has you down and you feel so utterly hopeless, you have to take a minute to recognize the good times... because they are definitely sprinkled throughout the darkness.

I love going through the year and picking out my top memories for each month. It's crazy to me that this time last year Charlie was still a BABY and not even crawling yet. He has changed and grown SO much and we just can't get enough of him. It really has been a beautiful year because of my beautiful family :)

JANUARY
We had a "stay-cation" paid by my job (BambooHR). We stayed a night at The Little America, went to the aquarium, went skiing and got stuck on the ski lift for TWO hours, went to the ice castles, and ate out A LOT.





FEBRUARY
I quit my job and started being a full-time mama. Landon and I went on an Eastern Caribbean cruise and left Charlie for 8 days. It was hard being away, but we had so much fun together. I had my first open water scuba dive and threw up all over the boat... gross!




MARCH
We celebrated Landon's birthday and Charlie was sooo sweet blowing out the candles. That night he took his first steps!




APRIL
Charlie turned ONE. It was soooo much fun celebrating him! Also, the way he ate his smash cake was seriously the funniest moment of my LIFE.





MAY
We went camping with my parents in Sand Hollow and Charlie learned about the moon, an obsession that continues to this day. I also met Aleena, who became an instant best friend, which is convenient because her son Finn is Charlie's best friend :)





JUNE
We celebrated my Dad's 70th with a huge surprise party and my sister Emma got married to the love of her life! Seriously such a happy day.




JULY
Daren, Liliana, Dawsen, and MJ came from Texas for the 4th of July and we had so much fun with them!





AUGUST
We went to Denver to get Landon fitted for a contact (that unfortunately worked but was too painful to wear) and took Charlie to Lagoon.





SEPTEMBER
Landon got his paramotor which has lifted his spirits (and my spirits!) so much. I love watching him fly, and so does Charlie :)





OCTOBER
We had a full month of Halloween activities and Charlie was seriously in heaven with all the pumpkins and saying "boo!" at all the scary things. He loved trick-or-treating!





NOVEMBER
We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Landon went to Norway to get his surgery.





DECEMBER
We took Charlie to Disneyland for his first time and had so much fun celebrating the Christmas season with our family.




I feel like JUMPING into 2018... I'm so ready for a fresh start and a better year! I have a good feeling about it. :)

P.S. It was REALLY hard only having 3 pictures for each month, but I'm proud of myself for not putting 100+ pictures in this post. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...