So we decided to spice January up by spending a ton of money on fun, but expensive things. :)
First, we booked an eastern caribbean cruise to celebrate Landon's big 3-0 in March and will be going to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Antigua, and Barbados. We are extra excited because it's our first time on Celebrity! It's also going to be really fun to go diving again. But of course I'm already getting major anxiety about being away from Charlie. Why do I have to love him so much?! :)
Second, we decided to upgrade from our redneck inflatable hot tub to a real one! We are soooo excited about this! We use our hot tub every single night after our nightly walk, so it's definitely worth the money for us. Plus we got a "scratch and dent" one, so we got a really good deal.
And lastly here are some cute pictures/videos of what we've been up to so far this year...
Charlie tried finger painting and it was just about the cutest thing ever. He of course attempted to eat it. I get the confusion... we had him in his highchair and put the paint on a plate haha! But once he understood what was going on, he really liked it!
We have been really taking advantage of our aquarium pass. They have a new butterfly (or "fly fly" as Charlie calls them) encounter. It was really cool! I actually need to do a full post about the aquarium because we have been loving it.
IHOP is doing all you can eat pancakes right now, which honestly isn't worth the money unless you can eat more than 5 pancakes. It was still really fun to go! Charlie was in heaven and ate TWO whole pancakes. He was sooo funny licking the syrup off the mat. He gets his love of food from his mama!
My hair grows soooo fast, so without meaning to it kind of got long. So I chopped it off and I love it!
Yesterday we had quite the morning. My friend texted me to tell me there was an active shooter in our area and that parts of Riverton/Herriman were on lockdown. Then about 20 minutes later, we heard that there were shots fired at the Maverick at the entrance of our neighborhood and that police were telling people to go inside. We saw a few neighbors outside shoveling snow, so Landon ran outside (in his slippers and pajamas) and ran around telling people to go inside. I was SO scared, thinking that the guy could be in our neighborhood and Landon was outside... Once he came back in we closed our blinds and tried to stay as calm as we could. It was freaky. Anyway, they never did find the guy and it turns out there weren't shots fired near our neighborhood. But someone was shot about 5 minutes away. It's just scary that this is the world we live in. Later (once the lockdown was lifted) I took Charlie out to play in the snow. He was definitely apprehensive about it, but isn't he the cutest?!
| His first snow angel. He wasn't happy! |
| All cuddled up after the snow fun. He pronounces snow like "no" :) |
And how cute is Charlie doing "cheers" with Landon? Gosh I love them!
P.S. Viewer discretion is advised for this video....
No comments:
Post a Comment