Landon had to go to Norway for 8 days to get surgery, but luckily he got to have some fun too. His dad and brother went with him and they kept busy exploring Oslo. They took a boat on the fjord, went to a lot of museums, ate out a ton, went to a castle, and checked out a really huge ski jump.
It's hard for me to even explain how grateful I am to Daren for taking such good care of Landon and for volunteering to go with him to Norway, no hesitation. We didn't want to leave Charlie for that long, and we also didn't want to take Charlie on a 10+ hour flight (he's SO BUSY!) It was just so comforting to know that Landon was being spoiled rotten and having much fun during such a scary time for him. Thank you so so so so so much Daren! You are seriously the best.
This is Landon's cute surgeon, Dr. Stojanovic. We don't really know the outcome of the surgery yet because Landon is still healing, but we are trying to be hopeful.
While Landon was gone, Charlie and I kept very busy and had something planned every day with friends or family. It was really hard being alone and taking care of Charlie by myself for that long, but surprisingly I survived! :)
Snow day with Finn!
Zoo with Aleena and Finn!
A beautiful, freezing walk with my cute mom and dad.
Lydia insisted on taking a picture holding "baby" Charlie. We couldn't stop laughing because he's practically as big as her!
The hardest thing for me was bedtime. I could NOT sleep without Landon. It would take me hours to fall asleep and then I would wake up at least 5 times every night. And guess what? Ever since we've been reunited, I've fallen asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and slept through the whole night. He's just my HOME and I don't feel safe or comfortable without him!
We found super cheap flights from L.A. to Norway, so we decided that when Landon came back from the surgery that Suzette, Charlie, and I would drive down to pick Landon up and spend a day at Disneyland. Of course, Disneyland gets its very own post. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment