Thanksgiving has never been my favorite... I guess I'm just not a very grateful person! Ha! I guess I can blame my British parents? But ever since Landon and I got married the day before Thanksgiving 8 years ago, I've definitely developed a soft spot for Thanksgiving. This time of year is just very special to me.
Unfortunately, this year has been really rough, to say the least. So Thanksgiving was very emotional for us, especially with Landon getting ready to leave for Norway to get his surgery in a few days.
But even with how hard our current circumstances are, we still have so much to be grateful for. We had a delicious dinner with Suzette and Jason. It was seriously one of the best turkeys I've ever had and there were tears shed as we went around the table discussing what we are thankful for. Charlie even serenaded us with the cutest song. :)
We had plans to stop by my family's for dessert, but poor Charlie got a fever. I thought he was just being grumpy because he hates Thanksgiving, but then I felt so bad when I realized he was being fussy because he wasn't feeling good. Poor baby!
The day after Thanksgiving is such a special day for me because it's officially the start of Christmas! We had so much fun putting up our Christmas decorations. Charlie really loved the ornaments, especially the ones shaped like a ball. He also LOVES his little elf. :)
For our anniversary we dropped Charlie off with Nini and Papa and headed up to Main Street Pizza in Park City. We ate dinner there on our "mini honeymoon" so of course it was so special to go back. Their stupid credit card machine was down though, so we had to walk an hour round trip to get cash from our bank (because we are too cheap to pay ATM fees!) While we ate our yummy pizza we picked our top 8 memories from the past 8 years. It was so fun to reminisce and spend time together just the two of us.
2009
2017
I love my little family and this time of year SO much.
No comments:
Post a Comment