We had so much fun with Charlie at Disneyland! I was worried that it would be really hard, because Mr. doesn't handle lines/waiting/sitting still well (ha!) but he did awesome. He didn't even POOP (and he usually poops at least 5 times a day), that's how well behaved he was!
The day started and ended a little rocky though... but overall we had a really magical day. We decided to ride Peter Pan first, because Peter Pan was Landon's favorite movie when he was little so it's very nostalgic for him. Plus, that line can get crazy. Well, Charlie hated the ride. He was SOOO scared. He doesn't like the dark at all, so we just had to comfort him and tell him it was okay as he screamed through the whole ride... FAIL.
Isn't that face so heart breaking?!
After that we decided to do outdoor rides, so that he wouldn't be scared in the dark. He loved riding the carousel with Grandpa and it really helped to cheer him up after being so traumatized.
Then waited in line for like 45 minutes to ride "Bumbo" and it broke down right before our turn. So that was a bummer. But when he finally got to ride it, he LOVED it so much. He kept saying "Bumbo! Bumbo!" and had so much fun with Nini.
If you listen really carefully you can hear him say "Bumbo." It's so sweet! He was obsessed but he's really never seen anything "Dumbo" until Disneyland.
Funny thing about this video... the worker was telling me to turn around and I had NO idea until I watched this back. WOOPS!
He also loved the Nemo submarine ride, of course! He would get a little nervous when it got really dark, but mostly he just thought it was the coolest thing and would just yell "MEMO! DOOOO (Dory)!" It was the cutest thing ever.
Giving Grandpa some loves in line :)
This is his sad face when the ride was over haha
Other highlights included the parade and Charlie waving at Mickey, and riding Casey Jr, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates. I was actually surprised at how brave Charlie was on Pirates--especially with the big drop and how dark it is! He even took TWO naps in his stroller, so he was seriously on his best behavior. Gosh, I love him!
The last stop of our day was seeing Mickey Mouse. I decided to go to Mickey's house, because I just didn't want to chance not running into Mickey. This was a bad decision! Landon's eyes were really bothering him and it ended up taking about an hour... When we finally got into his house, Mickey and the other workers were just being really awkward. It's hard to explain, but I've just never had such an awkward experience with Mickey. They were being really weird about Charlie touching him.. Charlie was SOOO excited though and I wish I would've gotten it on camera. I thought for sure he would be scared and cry, but he just sweetly said, "Mou! Mou! Mou! Mou!" and went right up to him to sit on his lap (which is how he shows affection instead of hugging). It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen.
After Charlie's visit, Suzette tried to kiss Mickey and then the workers were being SO weird telling her she has to ask for a kiss and then she accidentally brushed his face and they freaked out saying, "WOAH! Do not slap Mickey!" It was seriously the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.... needless to say, Suzette was so upset and embarrassed.
After that, we tried to ride Space Mountain (it had been broken down for hours) but it was still broken. Since we had fast passes to it that were just going to be wasted, I wanted to see if we could switch them for fast passes to Guardians of the Galaxy. But they wouldn't let us...
At this point Charlie was sound asleep and we could've had a lot of fun riding more adult rides, but everyone was just bummed out... so we went home. It was only 7:30!! I've never left Disneyland so early...
So like I said, it started and ended very rocky and I wanted to document went happened... but, I also want to focus on the magic of taking Charlie to Disneyland for his very first time. Because that part was really, really, really magical! And a HUGE shout out to Tanner for always getting us in for FREE! THANK YOU! We are so spoiled.
No comments:
Post a Comment