Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Visit to Texas.

We were planning on going to Texas for Christmas... but the cost of flights were pretty much a joke. So we stayed home and felt sorry for ourselves. Ha! ;)

Anyway, a trip to Texas was definitely long overdue. We got our plane tickets for DIRT cheap through Spirit. We were a little hesitant because we've heard horrible things about the airline, but you just can't turn down $240 tickets. Roundtrip. Total for both of us. Can you believe that?! It was basically free.


The boys just cuddled on my lap for most of the flight, but Henry got really curious during take off and just had to look out the window. He is so funny :)


Our trip was seriously perfect. We really miss being around family and friends, so it was the best thing to spend a week with people we love so much!

We split our time between Suzette's (Landon's mom) and Daren's (Landon's dad) houses. I honestly can't even give you a play-by-play of what we did every day, because it's all kind of jumbled in my head, but here are some of the highlights:
  • Our boys meeting Buddy (Suzette's dog). We call them "cousins" and even though our boys were kind of rude to Buddy, he was just SO happy to meet them and loved them so much. By the end of the trip the boys totally warmed up to him and they all had a sleepover on Nini's (Suzette) bed our last night.






They LOVE Nini! 
We tried to get all three boys to sit in this dresser for a picture, but Buddy did not like it haha. This picture cracks me up!
  • Spending time with Daren, Liliana, MJ, and Dawsen. We played Poker, BS, LB, and Scattegories. I LOVE playing games because it is quality time together. It really was so much fun! Daren and Liliana just got married in August and MJ is Lilana's daughter. It was really good to get to know both of them a little more and spend time with them, but of course I didn't take any pictures. What's wrong with me?! Our first morning there Daren made us a huge yummy breakfast and then later on in the trip we had a BBQ one night and went out to eat a few times with Daren. We ate really well--thank you!!
  • Hanging out with Suzette, Jason, and Dawsen. Trips to DQ, staying up late laughing and talking, and just being together. It was the best! Our second morning there Suzette surprised us by picking up Chick-Fil-A breakfast--our favorite! It was so sweet and thoughtful! She also bought us a few HUGE DQ blizzards and took us out to dinner. We were spoiled rotten! Of course, I hardly got any pictures of us hanging out with them either, because I suck at life. But we just had the best time.
  • Going to Six Flags. Okay, well this one has more of a story to it. It was kind of a crappy day. The first ride we went on was Mr. Freeze and while we were dangling 300 feet in the air, Landon's cell phone flew from his pocket. I couldn't believe it. He was sad, but had a REALLY good attitude about it. He was mostly concerned about all the pictures of the boys that he hadn't backed up. But he did a good job of just pushing it out of his mind and not letting it ruin the rest of his day. Then there was the ride called "The Texas Sky Screamer." You know those big swing rides, like they have at Lagoon? Well this is just like that, except for it goes 500 feet in the air. And you're just sitting in this tiny chair with tiny little chains. I was scared, but I have never seen Landon so freaked out before. It broke my heart! He's such a level-headed, calm person so it's very rare to see him like that. I hated it. And then last, but not least, there was the Texas Titan--the biggest roller coaster at the park. We all loved it, but it makes you almost pass out. At the very end of our second time riding it, I look over at Landon to see him covering his nose with his shirt. I start panicking thinking he passed out and now had a bloody nose. Turns out, he threw up. Poor guy! He was so embarrassed and rushed off the ride and into the bathroom with Daren to clean up. So the day started out with Landon losing his phone and ended with him losing his lunch. It was HORRIBLE. Needless to say, it was time to go home after that. We all felt pretty nauseous and my brain was seriously rattled from all the rides (I swear, I used to NEVER get sick from rides... I guess we're getting old!) Before we left I decided to go to security and ask if there was any way to find a phone lost during a ride. Darlene was a sweetheart and filed a report and told me they had a 60% rate of finding stuff and they would call me in the morning if the ride mechanics found it while inspecting the ride. Sure enough they found his phone! The screen was smashed and it was missing a few parts, but he was able to get all of his pictures. YAY!




Landon's phone really wasn't too bad, considering what it went through!

  • Hanging out with James, Christina, Grant, and Jamie (Landon's friends from growing up). Gosh, I suck at taking pictures. I wish I would've thought to take my camera out, but I guess that means we were just having too much fun. We seriously love these people and had so much fun just hanging out, chatting, and playing with James and Christina's adorable kids. While we were there Landon told everyone the story about his phone and all of the sudden James whips out a phone and tells Landon he can have it. Not just any phone by the way, it's an INCREDIBLE amazing, almost brand-new phone. We couldn't believe it! It was SO nice of James and Landon is obsessed with his new phone. He's kind of happy his old phone fell off the ride at this point :)
  • Visiting Kyle Tilley. This was actually a really sad moment, but I still wanted to blog about it. One of Landon's really good friends from high school was killed in a car accident back in October. We weren't able to attend the funeral, so we visited his grave on our first day there. It's just not fair. He was a swimming coach and teacher at the high school and just a really good guy who had a lot of positive impact on the whole community. I wish I could've met him, but from what I hear he was amazing. My heart just breaks for his friends and family, including my sweet Landon.

  • Getting to spend time with Dawsen, Landon's little brother. These two have such a special bond and love each other so much. It basically melts me to watch them together. We went to visit Dawsen at work and when he saw us walk in his face just lit up--it was so cute! He's such a sweet boy and they're the cutest brothers. I can't handle it.

We really had an AMAZING time and we already miss everyone so much. Getting back to Oregon always feels so lonely. Hopefully we will get to visit again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...