Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Life Lately.

So I was looking through pictures and realized there are a few things I've neglected to mention on this little blog. So we're going to play catch up today k?

  • Trip to Seattle.

About a month ago we drove three hours to Seattle to watch a sailboat race. We went specifically to watch the Hobie Cat races, because Landon really wants us to start racing ours, but due to traffic and stopping at Ivar's for lunch beforehand, we missed the Hobies' race. Kind of lame. But we still got to see some of the other boats which was fun. And then a huge storm blew in and the wind was crazy so they had to stop early, but oh well. We walked along the gorgeous Puget Sound and got SOAKED. And then went to Costa Vida for dinner and then Sub Zero for dessert before driving back home. I seriously just went for the food ;)








  • Making cookies.

So I have a problem. I LOVE cookie dough. And I know eating raw eggs is bad. I've even gotten pretty darn sick from eating cookie dough before. But I just.can't.stop. Plus my mother-in-law gave me the best cookie recipe in the world. I think I might share it on my other blog... you know the one that's supposed to be about fitness? Ha! That's my kind of fitness plan... the one that tells you to eat cookies! I love food way too much to "diet."




  • New lego set.

For the past few years, on almost every holiday, I have printed out a little coupon or told Landon that he can pick out a Lego set. He LOVES Legos, and I love that he loves Legos. He's such a little boy and it's adorable! But, he has decided to wait until he saw a Lego set he absolutely LOVED before cashing in his coupons. A few weeks ago we went to the Lego store and he had his eye on a few different sets but told me to pick it out for him. I thought that was cute, because now it feels more like "our" Lego set :) I chose The Tower Bridge, because A) it is beautiful and a really cool set and B) we went there last October and have our picture right in front of it! England means a lot to me, so this Lego is pretty much the coolest one I've ever seen. Landon finished building it in like 2 days, which is insane. We're obsessed with it!





See, see! I've been there!
  • Blazers game.
A few weeks ago we had the chance to go to a Blazers game with Landon's work. It was SO much fun! I've always loved basketball and LOVE going to live-games, so I was pretty excited. Landon likes basketball too, but we just don't ever watch sports. He's just not very into it. But, we both had a blast and felt like real Portlanders because we finally attended a sporting event. For some reason they call it "Rip City" (I googled it and still can't quite figure it out) and they gave us t-shirts and these glow sticks because it was a play-off game. Before it started they turned off all the lights and we all turned on our glow sticks. It was SO neat. We lost the game, but it was still really fun to cheer for a team that before that night I literally knew nothing about :)


  • Working on the boat.
Landon is still building the F39 Trimaran in our backyard! He is almost done with 1/2 of one of the floats. The trimaran has three parts, the main hull and then two floats out on the side to stabilize it (since it doesn't have a keel like a normal sailboat). He seriously amazes me and I'm so excited for this boat to be done in 10 years so we can sail it around the world :)

image via

  • Still on the job hunt.
I am still looking for a nanny job. It's kind of hard because I need to find a job that has a good schedule, has good pay, and a job where I feel that "click" and feel comfortable with the family. Being a nanny is a pretty intimate position because you are in someone's home all day. It's really important for me to find a good "fit." I've had about 15 interviews and there have been some real potentials, but so far I haven't made a decision yet. I have a good feeling about a few of them, so we'll see :) I'm excited to be DONE looking because it pretty much takes up all of my time at the moment. And I hate interviewing. It's just not fun :)

  • Mother's Day
I love my mom and I love my mother-in-law. SO much. But for some reason, I just didn't feel like posting a tribute on Mother's Day. Maybe Landon is rubbing off on me, but these "made up" holidays are starting to get to me. I would much rather send my mom a card of love and appreciation randomly, not just because it's a holiday. It feels forced--kind of like Valentine's Day. And then on top of that, I feel like everyone was posting pictures of themselves. Like they are so grateful to be a mom. And I get that, because it really is such a blessing to have children, but I don't feel like that's the point of the day. The point is to honor your mother, or if you are the husband you can honor the mother of your children. But it's not a day to honor yourself. Maybe I'm coming across as mean and bitter, but that's just how I feel (maybe it has something to do with the fact that I want to be a mother more than anything in the whole world and all of those pictures just seemed like a slap in the face). Anyway, I was SO ready for that day to be over. Instagram and Facebook was blown up with "Mother's Day" stuff, so I posted this picture with a somewhat sassy caption :) The story behind it? Well, Landon and I bought some magnesium so we can start a fire in the wilderness if there's an emergency or zombie apocalypse or whatever. Haha! ;) I just think it's so funny that he was starting a fire in our house. With toilet paper by the way. So that's how my Mother's Day went :)



  • My boys.

Gosh, I love my little family. For those of you who don't own/love dogs, you may not understand this, but my puppies are really like my children. I love them SO much! When we were in Texas their Nini (Landon's mom) bought them new shirts and my favorites are these cute spiderman t-shirts. They just look like little boys! It kills me. She also bought Landon a spiderman t-shirt and they are all matchy-matchy. It's my favorite. I just love them all so much!




Okay that's pretty much all I've got for now. Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...