![]() |
| image via |
At first I told Landon that I didn't even want to be nanny anymore. That's how much it hurt to leave the Magyars. I just didn't even want to find another family because there was no way I could love the kiddos as much. I told him I was just going to work in an office. He reminded me I would be miserable and hate my life. Being a nanny is what I love to do, so I should do it.
So for over a month, I've had at least 5 interviews a week. I've had over 20 phone interviews and 7 in-person interviews, not to mention the hundreds of messages I've received and sent. It has taken over my life!!!! And I've been SO picky about who I even interview with. Before I interviewed with people, I tried to make sure we were on the same page with salary/schedule/expectations/etc. and then once we talked on the phone I decided if it was worth it to move forward and meet the family. I've been upfront and honest and turning people down left and right. It almost felt more like I was interviewing families instead of them interviewing me. I didn't want to just accept any job, I wanted to make sure I found the right fit. And boy, was I picky!
I had a few families that I absolutely fell in love with. But one family really stood out to me. I met the mom at a coffee shop after emailing back and forth and talking on the phone and I instantly just LOVED her. She was so easy to talk to, so sweet, and we just laughed and chatted so naturally. I knew we could be great friends! So when I got an offer from her on Monday, I was GIDDY! It wasn't my first offer (I turned down six others!), but it was definitely the best one and with an amazing family.
They have already made me feel SO valued and I know that I'm just going to fit right in with their family. That's exactly what I was looking for and I'm so relieved I found it! The funny thing is, I haven't even met the husband or the kiddos yet! Ha! They are moving to Portland from Denver, so I will meet them in a few weeks... but I've seen pictures and videos and trust me, they are CUTE! There are two boys that are six and four and then a little girl who is two. Two year olds are kind of my favorite. They're just so much fun and apparently she thinks she's a princess so we are going to get along great :)
Even though I am literally depressed thinking about leaving my Gabby and my Enzo, I am looking forward to being Mary Poppins to another family. The wind is changing, which is hard but it's also exciting.

I bet this was so hard!! I sort of felt the same way when I left teaching to become a mom. You miss it like crazy, and sometimes it still hurts my heart thinking about my littles that I left behind. BUT - change is good, whether we like it or not. And it sounds like your new family is awesome. I can't wait to hear more about them! I'm so glad that you finally found out that is perfect for you so that you can get back to your normal life! Haha. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. :)
ReplyDelete