Before and after the cruise we were able to spend 2.5 days with Landon's mom (Suzette), her husband (Jason), and Landon's little brother (Dawsen).
Even though we only had a short time with them, we had the best time!
We arrived in Flower Mound on Thanksgiving morning. The boys played outside while Suzette made dinner and I kept her company. I love hanging out with her SO much. We are more like best friends than mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. I am so lucky!
| I loved watching Landon play with his Dawsen. They have always been so close and you can just see how much they love each other. It's the cutest thing. |
| I love Dawsen's face in this one :) He was laughing so hard. |
| I forgot to take a picture of the yummy feast, but how cute are the plates?! |
That night we played apples to apples together and by the end of the day our tummies hurt from all the laughing.
On Friday we had a fun day at the mall and went to lunch at In-N-Out. The malls in Texas are HUGE and we love walking around them. I seriously was not very good at taking pictures...
After the cruise we came back to Dallas to see it had been completely frozen over. It was a slap in the face after our warm, sunny, paradise. I have never seen anything like it! The drive from Houston was SO scary and we had to drive pretty slow. There were so many cars on the side of the road that had been in accidents or just been abandoned and they were covered in caution tape. It was so crazy. The roads were just covered with SOLID ice.
| this picture doesn't really do it justice. This was on the freeway and everything you can see is just thick ice. |
| even though the driveway just looks like it's covered in snow--don't be fooled. It was ICE. |
That night we played the game "Things" and if you've never played this game you need to. It is HILARIOUS and again we were all dying from laughing!
After the game we bundled up to go on a walk and even though there were a few falls trying to walk on the ice, I'm really glad we went. I love my second family so much.
Thanks for the amazing time Suzette, Jason, and Dawsen! We love and miss you so much!
| The DFW airport the day we flew home. Our flight was delayed but most flights were cancelled. I can't believe we made it home! |
No comments:
Post a Comment