Monday, December 30, 2013

Disney Cruise Part 5: Last Day :(

Our last day was fun, but in the back of my mind all I could think about was how I couldn't believe it was over. It went by so fast and was seriously the most magical and memorable vacation I've ever been on. I was NOT ready to get off that boat.

The day started out with a special character breakfast. Every dinner rotation is assigned to a time, so ours happened to be on the last day. I don't think I could've picked a better day for it. It was SO fun to see all the characters walk in and watch them going around to all the tables, anticipating when it would be OUR tables' turn to see them. I really am 5 years old, it was just all so exciting!

see that lady who photo bombed? Well, there happens to be a story about her that I'm not blogging about. Let's just say she's obnoxious :)



The characters came one at a time, so while we were waiting for each of them our servers came around and made us little hats out of the napkins and soon everyone in the restaurant was wearing silly hats. It was SO cute.




I got the cute Minnie bow, but then my server came back with Rapunzel hair made from a huge tablecloth to "match my long hair." It was pretty cute and made me feel special because we didn't see anyone else with a "hat" like mine! I was the only Rapunzel :)


Of course the highlight of the breakfast was FINALLY getting to meet Captain Mickey. He is just the cutest ever. I love him!


Since we had to get up early for our breakfast, we were really tired and went back to our room for a two hour nap and to watch some Disney classics. Days at sea are SO nice because there's nothing to do but relax.

Later we went up on deck and Landon worked on his app that he's programming while I read a book. I decided I was hungry for some pizza so I left our table and started walking and guess who I saw just walking around?! None other than my best friend MICKEY! I couldn't believe it!!!!! Every other time I had seen Mickey on the boat, he was followed by a line that was 90 minutes long. But not this time, he was just walking around. It was MAGIC! I ran back to the table, my heart pounding, as I told Landon and made him run over and get a picture with me. It was the highlight of my whole trip. I couldn't believe I got so lucky to run into him like that. It means SO much more when it happens by chance instead of at his "scheduled" appearances with crazy lines. Plus, he was in his cute holiday sweater... my favorite outfit of his! Oh Mickey, I love you!


After all that excitement we decided to go back to our stateroom and take ANOTHER nap! Haha! I told you, days at sea are the absolute best.

Dinner that night was at Animator's Palate again and Tanner was in a really funny mood. Our napkins were folded like a Peter Pan shoe and he decided we should play the game "props" from Who's Line is it Anyway? Oh my gosh, he's just so funny!



After dinner the servers did a flag parade. We were really sad to have our last dinner and to say goodbye to our cute servers.


Next up we went to the "Remember the Magic" show with Michael Harrison the ventriloquist, Mickey and Minnie, the princesses, and the other singers and dancers. It wasn't the best show, but it was still fun!

Tanner's friend Lauren is a performer on the cruise ship and after the show she invited us to a semi-private meet and greet with the characters! I couldn't believe it!!!!!






Next we went to a hypnosis show and it was totally lame and then as we got closer and closer to lame Texas and further and further from the wonderful Caribbean, the boat started to rock pretty bad. I guess it's a good thing our last experiences on the boat weren't as wonderful because at that point I was a little more ready to get off that rocky boat :)


Thank you Tanner, Daren, and Landon for an amazing vacation and memories! I will never, ever forget it and I'm sure every vacation after this will be lame in comparison. I HIGHLY recommend going on a Disney Cruise. I've done a lot of cruises, but this was by FAR my favorite. Completely magical. Oh, and just to prove one more time how special Disney cruises are... listen to the sound of their horn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...