We quickly got ready, ate breakfast, and then took a tender to Georgetown, Grand Cayman. I have NEVER seen such pretty, blue water. I am in love with the ocean, so I was freaking out a bit!
We were happy to find out that there was a popular beach only 1.5 miles away--totally within walking distance! So we happily started our walk to 7 mile beach. On the way we saw so many lizards and they totally freaked me out. But that was nothing compared to the huge iguana we saw! Ahhh! Gives me nightmares thinking about the weird way he ran towards us. Yikes!
| do you see all those freaky things?! |
We finally got to the beach and we all pretty much ran right to the water. We were so hot from our walk and the water felt SO good! It was so fun playing in the water and relaxing on the beach. I could live like that every day.
Around noon we headed back to the pier to our shore excursion. We boarded a boat and got our snorkeling gear as we headed to a reef that was located really close to where our cruise ship was anchored.
I have always loved snorkeling and this was by far the coolest experience I've had. The water was crystal clear and there was so many different fish to see swimming through the coral. Landon even found buried treasure for me! He saw something shiny and dove 20ft to get it for me! I couldn't believe it--buried treasure from the Caribbean. We are basically real life pirates!!!
After the reef we got back on the boat to see an underwater shipwreck of a boat called Callie. It was cool to hear the story and then see it in real life.
I wasn't ready to leave the Grand Caymens, but back on the cruise ship we had to get ready for pirate night! We had dinner at Parrot Cay and everyone got bandannas--SO cute! After dinner all the servers did a little performance and then invited everyone to do the limbo. I convinced Tanner to come with me :)
After dinner we played foosball (again!) and then went to a comedy show with Michael Harrison the ventriloquist. He was pretty much out of control but it was pretty entertaining and funny!
After that, it was time for the Pirates IN the Caribbean Deck Party. It was a cute little performance with Mickey's friends and pirates and at the end Mickey zip lined over the audience, saved the day, and then came the fireworks show. Can you believe it?! Fireworks in the middle of the Caribbean. It was sooo magical.
After the deck party there was a midnight buffet with huge turkey legs (gross!) and crepes. We stuck to the crepes :)
This was probably my favorite day of the cruise. Just one thing after another that made it so magical.
No comments:
Post a Comment