Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cruise Part 2: Jamaica

We were having SO much fun on our days at sea, that I honestly would've been perfectly content never leaving the boat. And unfortunately, the first port was a huge disappoint so we actually did spend most of the day back on the Disney Wonder.

The actually port was very pretty and nice, but that's because it was Americanized.




They had big gates all around the big shopping area. We decided to leave the gate and were pretty much immediately swarmed by people trying to get us to buy things or take a taxi. We thought about taking a cab to the beach, but they wanted us to pay $20 PER PERSON which was ridiculous. So we were pretty bummed.

Landon and I got a little freaked out by all the people, so we decided to go back into the nice, quiet gated area while Tanner and Daren ventured into the "scary" part of Jamaica which they said was actually pretty cool.

I loved that sign :)
We met up a few hours later at the pool. It was such a beautiful day and we really did have fun playing in the pool and soaking up the sun.

the boys played "Shamu" on the shallow part surrounding the pool. It was also a great place to lay out without getting too hot! 
After a game of foosball (of course) we were standing on the top deck looking at the beautiful island and talking about how mad we were that Disney couldn't have gone to a better port in Jamaica that actually had a beach within a reasonable distance. Tanner had been teasing me pretty much the whole trip, and I don't know why I always fall for it. I'm just very gullible. So we were standing looking at the beautiful island and he said, "did you know it used to be called Hamaica?" My immediate response was "really?!?!" and then everyone burst up laughing. Dumb little Hannah. NO! I had a good reason for believing... sometimes J's make the H sound! Ugh. I didn't hear the end of "Hamaica."


After being outside all day, we were all pretty tired. Landon and I went back to our room and watched a bit of Sleeping Beauty and then took a LONG nap until dinner.

Dinner that night was in the restaurant called "Animator's Palate." The whole room is black and white and throughout the night it turns more and more colorful. Even the waiters were dressed in black and white and then come out at the end in colorful vests. It was really cute. They had a little performance and Mickey came out. I never got sick of seeing Mickey multiple times throughout the day!





After dinner we went to the "Port Adventures" desk and booked a shore excursion! This was my fifth cruise and my very first excursion so I was pretty excited. We decided to go on snorkeling to a reef and a sunken ship. Yay! It was also while we were at the desk that Tanner used the bathroom and a woman was in the men's bathroom with him. Awkward...

On our way to the show we saw Mickey in the cutest outfit in the world. Oh my word. He just makes me so happy!


The show that night was Toy Story the Musical. They did SUCH a good job with the toys and it was a really cute show... except for when a two year old girl right next to us threw up... twice. Oh my gosh, it was the worst smell so we moved up 10 rows and we could still smell it. So that ruined it a bit.

all the toys (even the big ones like Mr. Potato Head and Rex) moved around, including their lips and eyes. Image via.
When we got out of the show we were shocked to see that we still hadn't left Jamaica. The cruise director made an announcement that there was a medical emergency and we would be leaving shortly, but since we had a late start a lot of the shore excursions had been cancelled, including all the ones before 9 a.m. Guess what time our shore excursion was? Yep, before 9 a.m. I was pretty much freaking out. So we decided to go outside and see if we could see what was going on. Yeah, medical emergency my bum!


Later they announced it was because of the medical emergency AND the supplies we were waiting for, but at first I was freaking out that they lied to us. Plus I was really upset about our shore excursion being cancelled. I was not in the best mood that night...

Stay tuned to hear about our day at Grand Caymans... it was a MUCH better day than "Hamaica" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...