I know there's no such thing as "soul mates" but is it silly for me to think that maybe there is one person more right for you than any other person?
Okay, let's just pretend for a sec that I'm chocolate. Chocolate goes with A LOT of different things and tastes amazing! Chocolate and mint. Chocolate and caramel. Chocolate and almonds. Chocolate and pretzels. You get the picture...
Well I've had my fair share of chocolate-combinations that were fine and great... But then I met my peanut butter.
Now in my opinion, chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination known to man. In fact I just had a rather large chocolate and peanut butter milkshake.
Anyway, the point is... Landon is my peanut butter. I probably would have been just fine if I ended up with a caramel. But would caramel have made me laugh the way peanut butter does? Would caramel help me discover my inner beauty and self-confidence? Would caramel help me to grow and learn new things that I never thought I could do? Would caramel have appreciated my baby dinosaur noises or the way I over exaggerate everything? Would caramel make my heart feel like it could burst because of all the love that it feels? I really don't think so.
We definitely aren't perfect. At all. But we complete each other. We are the perfect combination... just like chocolate and peanut butter.

No comments:
Post a Comment