Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Series of Unfortunate Events and Other Randoms.

When Landon called me yesterday to tell me that he had been in a car accident my first reaction was "Ha! Ha! Very funny..." It was April 1st after all. Unfortunately, he wasn't kidding.


Some guy decided to gun it out of his parking stall and totally rammed into Landon. On April Fools Day. Serious things shouldn't be allowed to happen on April 1st.

But, the events leading up to this little car accident were just as unfortunate. On Sunday night we decided to go for a little bike ride. Well, Landon's pedal somehow caught on the pavement and he front-flipped over the handle bars. I started screaming because it looked SO bad, but he was/is totally fine. Later that night on our walk he pulled out his phone... and it was dead. His brand new phone that we paid retail price for because we don't have a contract. Ugh!


So that leads us to Monday morning and why Landon happened to be in the parking lot with the crazy guy who doesn't know you have to reverse slowly out of parking stalls. He had to go to T-mobile to get his old phone activated. So, if he wouldn't have had the little bike accident his phone wouldn't have broken and he wouldn't have been at the T-mobile store to get rammed by Mr. Crazy. Talk about bad luck!

But, at least he is fine and we actually made a good chunk of money because Crazy Guy's insurance "totaled" the car and Landon's just going to fix it himself because he's cool like that. So, we just get to pocket the money and maybe pay 50 bucks for a new blinker. Ka-ching!

In other news, I am attempting to plant a little flower garden (my mom's going to be so proud!) If you know me, you know that I'm deathly afraid of bugs. Like I will bawl if one crawls on me or if I accidentally touch one. So I'm being really brave and digging around in the dirt and pretending I don't see all the creepy crawly things. You just have to get out of your comfort zone if you want to become better! Something Landon teaches me every day.




Such a mess before!
obviously I still have a lot of work to do :)

Oh, one more thing. We went racing with our sailing club last night. All day yesterday I had knots and butterflies in my stomach. I barely know how to sail, let alone RACE a sailboat... but it was sooo much fun! Every Monday in the summer you can find us out on the Columbia racing around :) I love our life.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, those flowers are beautiful! They will make your house look so cute. Good for you! And I'm so sorry to hear about your lousy events lately...days like that are always hard. We are glad that Landon is okay though, and that you guys are still happy regardless. Way to stay positive! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...