Every Monday through October you will find us out on the Columbia River racing against other members of the Island Sailing Club. I have already learned SO much in the past two weeks and have had SO much fun!
Sailboats don't move that fast... so I'm sure if you were standing on the shore watching our race you would think it was so boring. But when you are on the boat trying to put the spinnaker (a type of sail) up really fast and get it into the right position and adjust it according to the wind so you can pick up speed and catch up to the boat in front of you... man it is pure adrenaline! We almost got first place... dang it!
We've met some really cool people and are just having the time of our lives. Have I mentioned how much we love sailing? Bah! I can't even get over how much fun it is. Landon... hurry up and build that big butt and let's sail to Hawaii!
No comments:
Post a Comment