After a week in Maui, it is
SO good to be home. I know people probably think I'm crazy, but I did not go to Hawaii for a vacation and it was definitely work. The night before we left I just started crying because I was so relieved and so happy it was over. Walking into the door, I just started screaming and ran to Landon--and I haven't stopped smiling since. Best feeling ever. I love being home.
 |
| this is my absolute, most favorite place to be. Love this little blue home of ours. |
So this weekend has been filled with lots of time spent together--cuddling, watching "scary" movies (Casper, haha!), going on bike rides, out to eat, and just hanging out.
This weekend was actually a special one for me that I look forward to--General Conference (
click here to watch/read. It's amazing!). So many prayers and questions answered, so much inspiration, and I am filled with a greater desire to be better. One of my favorite talks was President Uchtdorf's (paraphrased from my own notes) "we often have the illusion that something just beyond our reach will bring us happiness
(cough, cough... becoming a mom...cough, cough) external circumstances don't determine happiness! We
choose our happiness. It's not a race, it's a journey. Enjoy the moment. Sometimes in life we become so focused on the finish line that we fail to find joy in the journey." His talk was definitely something I needed to hear. Every single day we make the choice to be happy and grateful for what we have, or to be sad and filled with self-pity. Being happy sounds better to me :)
 |
| an old picture, but one of my favorites. us being happy. happy is a choice. |
While watching conference I made a yummy treat, homemade Reese's (
recipe found here). I think chocolate and peanut butter combined is the best invention EVER. I'm obsessed!
 |
| aren't they just so cute? believe me, they taste even better than they look! |
I also was productive this weekend...thanks to Landon! He really helps me to get out of my comfort zone and do things that I am completely scared of. I finally took the plunge and started painting. I can't even get over how much I love the color and how happy I am with the result. I only ended up painting one wall... baby steps so I don't get too overwhelmed :)
 |
| Before. I decided to go with the middle color (khaki by Eddie Bauer) |
 |
and after. obsessed with the new color.
|
Landon is convinced they are the same color... but he's a boy. The old color is VERY peachy/pink tan and the new color has a slight hint of green so that means no more red undertones that make the walls look pinkish. I'm so happy with the result!
It was an absolutely perfect weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment