Sunday, October 14, 2012

Busy and Relaxing

This weekend was the perfect balance of busy and relaxing.

Busy:

  • Painting the kitchen. Oh my word. I had NO idea it was going to take all day on Saturday. But now I have the hardest part done and only have two more big walls to paint and one accent wall. YAY. (to see the before click here. Bye bye wall paper and peach walls!)
  • Landon sanded the boat for hours and hours and hours this weekend. It's getting SO smooth. 

  • Making pumpkin cookies, again. We're a little obsessed around here.

  • Church--don't worry, this is going to be in both sections. The primary program is next week, and as a primary teacher I get to sit on the stand with the kids as we practice. We went through the whole thing twice. Trying to get those 6 year olds to sit still after they have been sitting for two and a half hours already=BUSY
Relaxing:
  • Watching Halloween movies... Corpse Bride & Hocus Pocus. We heart Halloween! We're already getting giddy thinking about watching Nightmare Before Christmas... we save that one for closer to the end, while we carve our pumpkins. Oh man, I can't wait!

  • Sleeping in until 9 and 10. And napping. Oh, how I love to sleep! 
  • Going to Noodles and Co after painting all day. I was totally willing to make Landon an easy dinner, since the kitchen was in shambles and it was 8 pm, but he decided it would be better to go on a "mini-date." So much fun to go out! And that Wisconsin Mac & Cheese=heaven.

  • Whipping out the N64 and watching Landon play some Super Smash. So fun. I've always loved watching people play nintendo way more than playing. 


  • Church. It's so nice to sing hymns, take the sacrament, read scriptures, and soak in The Spirit. Plus, it's great cuddling time with my love. 
We had the best weekend and I have a serious case of Sunday night blues. Why do the weekends have to go by so fast? I love getting to spend every second with Landon!

P.S. My hair is getting SO long. Most days I just throw it up in a pony or bun because I can't stand it being in my way. Chop it? Yes? No? 

3 comments:

  1. Hannah. I love this. This is SO similar to what Dave and I love to do. It is so fun to see how alike we are. Pumpkin cookies, nightmare before Christmas, primary program, hocus pocus, and not to mention there are few things in the world Dave loves more than super smash. I also love to watch way more than play! I just love you guys, I love how you guys are having so much fun together. Plus, your kitchen looks GREAT!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love your long hair. Love it. I would leave it the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're bored of your hair and you're going to cut it anyway you could donate it... however I'm not sure if they accept colour-treated hair... and I can't remember if you've dyed your hair recently. Just a thought - even if it's jumbled!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...