Sunday, October 21, 2012

12 Things (About Us)

I loved writing a random 12 things post about me, and decided it would be fun to write a "12 things" post about Landon and me. There are definitely things I don't want to forget and I think it'll be fun to read this five years from now.
  1. Sometimes we get into huge water fights. I always start them, Landon always finishes them. I know he will cream me, so when I start a fight... I have that in mind and fully intend on getting soaked. The other day I splashed water on him while doing the dishes. Next thing I know, I'm completely soaked (along with our entire kitchen) from the sprayer in our sink. I love it.

  2. We go on a 15 minute bike ride and 45 minute walk together EVERY night (unless it's pouring rain, and sometimes we still go and just get soaked). It's not about the exercise, but about spending time together just talking and completely focused on each other. We have walked since the very beginning of our relationship. In fact, Landon proposed to me on one of our walks :) Walking with Landon is my absolute favorite and is something we look forward to every day.

    Best walk of my life.
  3. I do most of the cooking and cleaning. I like to be the domestic, wifey. Landon likes to organize, build, fix, mow the lawn, etc. Plus, sometimes when Landon helps out and empties the dishwasher he doesn't do it right. I'm OCD and cleaning has to be done my way. Woops!

  4. We sometimes call each other really rude names in a total joking way... like skank. This happens on a daily basis. Sometimes things get really out of hand and we resort to whore, slut face, hussy... you get the picture. This is all fun and games when we are at home... but you should see the looks we get when this happens in public! HAHA!

  5. I have always hated PDA...then I met Landon and he kissed me after walking me to class... right in the middle of BYU's campus. I was shocked, but secretly so happy. Now, I just don't think anything of it. I'm sorry if PDA grosses you out, but sometimes we just need to kiss and we happen to be in public. I just can't help it! He's so cute!


  6. Landon likes to tease me and in fact he just came in from the garage and asked why I was blogging instead of playing Zelda on the N64. He is convinced Zelda will help me with my memory because it's a big puzzle and prevent me from getting alzheimers. So this was his reply when I told him that blogging was more important... "I'm going to be like the old guy on the Notebook.... (in my head I'm saying "awww") until he says... but I'm just going to leave." Some people might be shocked/offended... I just laughed my head off. I know he obviously does not feel that way :) you just need to know Landon...and he is hilarious. He makes me laugh every day.


  7. Our relationship moved very fast. Held hands, cuddled, and kissed all on our first official date, said I love you after 10 days, talked about marriage within a month, got engaged after 4 months, and got married after 8.5 months. When you know, you know.
    .
    first date (snowboarding), first hand holding, first snuggle, first kiss. I guess you could say it was a good day :)
  8. We are not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination. When we get into our little "fights" I tend to run away and refuse to talk... Landon has helped me to be a better communicator but it's something I have to constantly work on. Marriage isn't easy, but it is more than worth it. Our "fights" never last longer than an hour because we are able to talk through it, forgive each other, and move on.

  9. Our idea of a perfect date=eating a yummy meal together, watching a movie, then going on a walk... so I guess you could say we go on a date every night. We are simple and just like being around each other. We only go "out" on dates maybe three times a month. It's SO nice being done with school and actually getting to hang out and relax with each other after work.

  10. We love this time just as a family of two. We are in absolutely no rush to introduce a baby into the picture. When people ask me when we are going to have kids I can honestly say I have no clue. Maybe a year or two or five? Who knows. But for now, it's just us. Time to focus on each other and our marriage. We know this is time you never get back. We've only been married for three years (well almost...next month!) and I'm only 23. See... no rush! I know in "Mormon" years I'm like an old grandma for not having kids yet and we've been married FOREVER... but in reality I have to remind myself that we are still so young. I've always wanted to be a young mom, but I don't think being young is what will make me a good mom or not. It doesn't matter if I am 23 or 27. (P.S. trust me, it has taken me a lllllooonnggg time to have the attitude I have now. It's something I have definitely struggled with. I think if it was strictly up to me to decide when to have kids, we'd have two already!) But, I'm still trying to convince Landon to get a dog before we have a baby... then we can practice being a family of three... ;)

    a friend made this for me at my old work :) the puppy's name is Winston. I think we like so good as a family of three!
  11. We eat dessert almost every night. Ice cream, cookies, f'zookies (I think they're technically called p'zookie but I don't care, they're delicious anyways), and if we're really desperate just plain ole chocolate chips. I think this may be the reason why I have gained 10 pounds since being married. Landon is addicted to chocolate, and now I find myself in the same boat. After we eat a meal, we just need a little chocolate. In fact, today I've already had five pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Do you know what's better than pumpkin chocolate chip cookies? Absolutely nothing.

    at one point we had 12 things of ice cream in our freezer. Not even kidding. 
  12. We act more like newlyweds now than when we were newlyweds. We don't like to spend any time apart--when we're at home we are in the same room even if we are doing different things. When Landon gets home from work I run to the door to greet him and jump up and down like it's been weeks since I've seen him. We truly are best friends and being married is the greatest adventure :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean about loving being a family of two! Not being able to have kids on my time was super hard for me to accept too, but in retrospect I'm so happy we've been able to spend these (almost) four years together- just the two of us. I love that we've gotten to focus so much on us and just have fun together for this long.
    It's funny you mentioned the dog too because we actually just added one of those to our family, haha! And it was Jayson that needed to be convinced that it was a good idea. We both highly recommend it.:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...