Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Making Progress

Our "love boat" is really starting to come together and actually looks like a boat now! I'm so proud of Landon! I really can't get over how amazing he is. He has never had anyone teach him how to wood work, but he doesn't let that stop him... he just DOES it. Man, I wish I was more like that! I need someone to hold my hand and walk me through ANYTHING new. But nope, not Landon... he just jumps right in! You know those people who are just good at everything they do? Yeah... that's him. Kinda makes me sick because I'm the exact opposite :)

Anyway... here are some pictures of the progress.

we really need to get a work table... that's our coffee table from the living room ha

As Landon was cutting out the pieces I could NOT picture how it was going to come together and look like a boat... but as soon as he laid out the pieces in our living room I FINALLY saw it! :)

After all the pieces were cut, Landon built the form to temporarily put the pieces.

Only a few of these wood pieces actually stay in the boat. Once we cover it with fiberglass, most of them will be coming out. Can you spot Landon? ;)

I'd have to say it looks flipping awesome!!!

So this weekend we will be laying out the fiberglass. Then we'll be ready to test this baby out and see if it will float!

In other news, life is good and we are incredibly happy. I am always crying lately, and it's not because I'm sad. I'm one lucky girl.

P.S. Two more days at my current office job... and then I get to be a NANNY! Wohoo!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you guys are making a boat. It just makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what's your next project? Landon is flying and building a boat, but I want to hear about your hobbies - surfing? biking? photography? You've got to take advantage of the phase you are in right now, just like Landon is. The challenge has been issued - what are you going to do?

    P.S. I'd pick photography, I think you'd be great at it! Surfing would be cool, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying a lot hmmmmmm....

    hormones??? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...