Monday, March 26, 2012

Birthday Celebration

Oh how I love birthdays... I mean birth weeks! (Really... everyone should have more than ONE day dedicated to themselves!) We were lucky enough to have his mom and grandma in town to celebrate with us! So. much. fun.

On the big day, I woke up at 5:30 am (so sneaky!!!) and decorated the kitchen, set out his presents, and went back to bed.


We had a lazy morning and I made french toast for breakfast. So yummy!

We kept asking Landon what he wanted to do for his birthday and when he said he wanted to see The Hunger Games, I almost started crying. I read the books over 2 years ago and have been DYING to see this movie! Of course my sweet husband, on his special day, took ME to see a movie I want to see and he doesn't even care about. He hasn't even read the books yet! Oh, he's such a sweetheart. And for the most part, I loved the movie!

After the movie, we flew to Newport beach. Landon's mom Suzette has only been flying with Landon a couple of times so she was SO excited. I know Landon just loves showing off his skills too :) We normally get a free car when we go to Newport (read all about it here and here) but we didn't realize the airport closed at 5! So we crossed the highway and hiked into the bushes trying to find beach access... with NO luck. But we did sit on the edge of the cliff and watch the waves... so it was still pretty but not the same as actually standing on the beach. Bummer, but oh well.

Landon "pre-flighting" the plane


We flew back home and ate at Red Lobster... YUM! And then opened presents.

And of course we had Costco cake with ALL chocolate frosting.

Saturday we drove up to Kalama to hang out with Landon's uncle Rob and his family.
On Sunday we flew up to Seattle to spend the day with Landon's family and of course I didn't take one single picture, but it was a blast.

It was a perfect weekend celebrating my sweet Landon Dean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...