I have some exciting news!
I accepted a job to be "Mary Poppins" to two adorable kids!

I accepted a job to be "Mary Poppins" to two adorable kids! I could not be happier and it is such an answer to many prayers. I finally get to do what I love, which is taking care of kids and I get to put my degree to use! I was NOT meant to work in an office which is where I have been for almost a year. I come home from work and I'm just grumpy and exhausted and stressed. It just was not a good fit for me...
So instead of working at an office, I will be playing "mom" to a little girl (age: 4 1/2) and a little boy (15 months). Landon and I both went to their house on Sunday to meet them and just had a blast. The parents seem like old friends and the kids are so dang cute! I seriously could have stayed and played with them all night. It's just what I LOVE to do.
The parents have had over 100 applicants for the job and thought I was a perfect fit. Wanna know why I think I'd be a perfect fit too? Well for starters, I am going to get to play with kids all day and that's my favorite thing to do. She wanted someone that was going to love her kids and be nuturing. Remember how I don't have any hobbies and the only thing I'm "good" at is loving and taking care of kids? Yep. I'm going to be doing some homeschooling over the summer and tutoring during the school year (every teacher's dream right? One-on-one teaching. Perfect). I'll be taking the kids shopping at least once a month for new clothes at the mall... yeah, that's not going to be a problem at all! ;) Oh, and I'll be driving around in their BMW and have a corporate credit card to spend on any activities I want to do with the kids. And one more thing... they want to take me to Disney World in July and NYC in December. No big deal right?
I am so grateful for answers to prayers and I know Heavenly Father is watching out for me. My heart was SO set on finding a teaching job in Oregon (by the way teaching jobs don't exist in Oregon!) but I honestly think this will be even more perfect for me than a teaching job.
I'm SO excited!
BAAAAAHHH! I am so excited for you, that sounds amazing Hannah! Nanny dream job. Does Landon get to come to Disneyworld too? That will be awesome!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! That's awesome. Congratulations. Working mommies need awesome people to take care of their sweet babies when they can't. I wish I could hire you to take care of my babies!
ReplyDeletethat is great hannah! i am so happy for you :) sounds like the perfect fit!
ReplyDeleteHannah. This is perfect! For you and for those cute kids that you get to work with. They are SO lucky to have you! Dave said that the minute I told him he knew you were perfect for the job. We are so excited! Way to go!!!
ReplyDeleteWow. 10 points for Hannah and 10 points for God. This is the perfect update to put a smile on any face :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Hannah! That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news but I'm a little disappointed it's not the news I was expecting!!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome!! You will be great at it! It sounds like the perfect job!
ReplyDelete