Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Golden Ticket

I am a very happy girl and feel so blessed to be where I am in life.

But I have moments I find myself STILL wanting MORE. What on earth is my problem?!

Why is it human nature to not be satisfied with the now? Why are we constantly searching for our "golden ticket" that we don't stop to enjoy the chocolate! (loved this analogy from President Uchtdorf!)

Within two years, my biggest dreams have become my reality.

I have always wanted to graduate from college. I've always wanted to have a loving husband. I've always wanted to have a house. Three years ago I used to say "I can't wait to be married" or "I'll be happy when I'm done with college" or "I can't wait to get out of this crappy apartment and actually own a home." And now that I've finally reached my "someday" I'm still finding myself saying "Won't it be nice when..." or "I can't wait until..." STOP IT HANNAH!

I saw this quote today and it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."

Wow. I am totally short-changing myself by worrying about the future instead of enjoying the beautiful life I have been given now.


Right now is perfect. Right now is my golden ticket :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I feel the exact same way and really needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...