...in with my parents! Growing up I always said "I will never be like my older siblings! I am NEVER moving in with mom and dad when I am married." Lately I have learned to never say never...because things like this happen :)
Not only are we going to save over 7,000 big ones, but we get to spend more time with my family! We LOVE getting to spend one-on-one time with my parents (since my family is so dang huge, this rarely happens) and we are also just closer to all of my siblings. We feel really excited about the change, but a little apprehensive about the commute down to Provo for school....
Selling our contract was a complete NIGHTMARE. My phone was literally ringing off the hook for about a week (as well as a constant stream of emails). We showed the apartment to over 30 people (I'm not even kidding!) and finally we had someone today sign the contract! We couldn't be more RELIEVED. They also bought our washer and dryer (woot woot!) as well as taking over our internet contract, which would have cost $200 to cancel! It really is such a blessing that we were able to get it all figured out because for awhile there I was losing hope.
Landon and I celebrated by going to the zoo and tomorrow we are going rock climbing and then out to dinner to Outback! (we never go out, so this is a HUGE deal for us, but we have cause to celebrate and look how much $$$$ we're saving! haha).
Oh boy, I'm definitely not looking forward to the next few days of packing, hauling, unpacking, organizing, etc. but I'm SO glad we have a few weeks before school starts so we can get all settled! :) We are definitely going to miss our cute little basement too. We have loved living there, it is SO cozy and just feels like home now but change is good right?
Before Jeff's job switched to full-time, we were going to move in with his parents. I was actually so excited! I love spending time with family and I could have used the help with Adam. Don't be embarrassed. There's a reason so many people do it. Just think of all the money you'll save and smile.
ReplyDeleteYep, never say never! :)
ReplyDelete