Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stay-Cation

Last week I took the entire week off work because Landon and I had been planning to go to Washington with his family. Unfortunately, it fell through and we both had a whole week with basically nothing to do. We decided to use the money we would have spent on gas driving to Washington and have a "stay-cation" in Provo. Sounds cheesy, I know but we actually had such a fun week! Landon and I are so tight with our money that we hardly go out, so it was a BLAST going out with my hubby! :)

Our first stop was a two hour road trip up to Logan. I went to USU my freshman year so it was really fun to show Landon my dorms, campus, and Logan. As much as I say I "hate" Logan, it really is a cute little town (other than the cow smell and negative degree weather). We also went to my FAVORITE restaurant up in Logan, Firehouse! Mmmm, their fazookies are amazing!

After Firehouse we drove back to Salt Lake and saw Inception with my parents...AMAZING by the way! Seriously, one of the best movies I've seen in awhile.

Our second stop was to the zoo! My favorite part was definitely seeing baby Zuri on her first birthday! Ahhhh! Did I ever mention how much I llooovvee Elephants!! My second favorite part was definitely the bird show. So much fun to have all those hawks and owls flying RIGHT over your head! We had such a fun time!





Our third stop was rock climbing. I have NEVER been able to do rock climbing, well I've attempted but never made it higher than five feet... This is coming from a girl who has been sky diving, but honestly rock climbing is the SCARIEST thing I have ever done! By the end of the day I had made it to the top of the wall twice, but this was on the kiddie wall! Hahaha! Every time I came down I would just be shaking SO bad because I was so scared. But it was still fun! The other scary part was having to belay for Landon... I was so scared that I would mess up and he would fall to his death! The next day my arms were KILLING me!



In between all these fun outings we went out to eat to Cafe Rio (twice!), Normandie Cafe (twice!), and Outback Steakhouse, and also saw the movie Salt! It seriously was such a fun week especially because I got to be with Landon non-stop! :)

After our stay-cation we buckled down and got our apartment contract sold, packed, and moved to my parents...but that is ANOTHER story!

1 comment:

  1. yay for stay cations! ;]good for you.
    I went up to Logan for the first time 2 yrs ago to stay at the anniversary inn.. it was a cute place to get away.
    oh and Inception=amazing! we have seen it twice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...