Which brings me to my next point, the debate between a repeat c-section or attempting a VBAC. If my body isn't progressing on its own, the likelihood of a successful VBAC are just super low. Technically they can induce you, but they can't give you nearly as much pitocin because there's a risk of uterine rupture if the contractions got too strong. So if my body isn't progressing on its own, and I'm hardly dilated by 39 weeks there's just a very high chance I could try labor and then end up needing a c-section anyway. So at my last appointment we scheduled the repeat c-section for November 29 which is black Friday. We officially have a DATE!!!!! I can't believe it. If I do end up progressing or going into labor on my own, I really think I'd like to try the VBAC but in my heart I just feel like that's not going to happen. So the past few days I've just been trying to make peace with the repeat c-section. I'm mostly worried about the recovery but of course I'm also sad at the thought of never getting to experience "real" birth and pushing and getting to hold my baby right away, etc. etc. But it will all be okay! Because the end result is the same, getting our sweet baby boy safely here and finally getting to MEET HIM!!!!
Charlie is getting soooo excited now that we really are getting close. We made a paper chain to help him visualize how much longer until baby brother is here because he kept saying things like, "our baby will be here tomorrow!" I really can't handle how he calls the baby "our baby." He's going to be the best big brother ever and already loves him sooo much. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on the blog or not but Charlie named the baby Simba a few months ago but lately he has been calling him an actual name. We've suggested a lot of names to Charlie and usually he's not having any of them, but this is the only name he approves of. Honestly, I think it is what we will name the baby but since it's a secret I can't say what it is. :) I just think it's soooo cute that Charlie helped to name the baby if that is what we choose. What a cute story!
Okay here's the update :)
Baby is the Size of a: head of romaine lettuce. He's about 18.5 inches long and almost 6 pounds. That's crazy! I can definitely feel that he's getting bigger now because of how high his little feet kick me and how strong he is getting with those pushes!
Cravings: Bread, nerds, potatoes. Just the usual sugar crap I've wanted all pregnancy haha.
Food Aversions: Still not a big fan of meat but I've definitely been able to eat more. Liliana made these yummy french dip sandwiches and I was all about that roast. But the thought of a hamburger seriously makes me want to puke.
Symptoms: I've been really crampy like all day and all night but I guess it's not doing anything because my cervix is still hard and closed so that's annoying. I also still get nauseous most mornings and most nights (especially if I'm up late) but I've only had to take my Zofran maybe once or twice a week which is a miracle! I still take my other nausea medicine (Bonjesta) every night. Who knows if it's doing anything but I'm too scared to not take it haha. I also am taking Protonix for my reflux and it does seem to be helping that sour stomach nausea I was having. I still miss Zantac... :( Other than that just the other typical pregnancy things like sleeping like crap and being exhausted, hips aching, getting out of breath easily... Oh man, the other day I was folding laundry on my bed and I got a notification on my watch saying "keep up the good work!" and it started logging a workout hahaha! I guess folding laundry is now a work out! Oh, I also tested positive for Strep-B... yay....
Fears: Still super anxious about BIRTH. I don't know exactly what will happen, but it will probably be another c-section. I hope it goes smoothly and my recovery isn't too bad but Charlie has been extra naughty lately with throwing fits and not listening so I really am worried about how I'll be able to handle him if I'm not able to pick him up and needing to be really careful after the surgery... So yes I am definitely feeling stressed and anxious right now...
General Mood: I cry a lot (again, Charlie has been giving me a run for my money and it is emotionally exhausting. I am just at my wit's end....)
Sleep: It really isn't fair that I only have a few more weeks of good sleep, and I can't get good sleep. Waking up to pee, waking up because my hips are aching, etc... I am just tired always. I wish I got to nap every day!
Movement: He is getting soooo strong and squished. The other night he was pushing up sooooo high on my belly with his feet that my stomach was sooo contorted! I was seriously worried he was going to break his sac! He usually isn't too crazy but he has his moments and that was one of them haha! I love feeling his little feet when he's pushing up on my stomach... they are just SOOO cute and tiny!! I know I will miss this part of pregnancy so much. It really is the coolest thing EVER carrying around your baby with you all the time and getting to know them through their movements. He gets hiccups a lot too, which is just the cutest and saddest thing. He just seems like the sweetest little boy and I can't wait to see him!!!
Looking Forward To: We only have a few more weekends before the baby so we have a lot to do! We get to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and decorate for Christmas on our last weekend so that's going to be really fun. And of course we are just DYING to meet this sweet baby! I really can't believe how soon he's going to be here!!!!
![]() |
| 34 Weeks |
![]() |
| 35 Weeks |
![]() |
| 36 Weeks |


















No comments:
Post a Comment