Monday, November 25, 2019

10 Years!

10 years ago, on the day before Thanksgiving, these two babies got married. How has it been a DECADE?!



Looking back now, 20 and 21 seems wayyyy too young to get married but I didn't feel young at all. I just knew I loved Landon and wanted to be with him always. Our love and friendship was something that just felt so right and natural from the beginning, so even though we had only dated for 9 months it felt like I'd known him for so much longer. He truly was, and is, my very best friend. Is there anything better than being married to your best friend? 



I love looking back on the past 10 years and thinking about some of our happiest memories and biggest moments. In no particular order here they are...

1. Graduating college together and moving to Oregon. It was so exciting to venture out on our own and be "real" adults. Landon started his career at Intel and I nannied the cutest kids. We spent 4 years in Oregon and grew so much because we really only had each other. I will always look back at our time in Oregon with such fondness. 



2. Becoming PARENTS. Oh man, this was obviously huge. It was the most amazing thing to meet Charlie and watch my cute Landon become "Dad." He is the sweetest with Charlie and I really think he's Charlie's favorite person. They are just buddies. I can't wait to see Landon become "Dad" again this week. Oh man, melt my heart into a puddle! There really isn't anything sweeter. 



3. Learning how to sail and buying our Hunter Legend, Viking. We had so many adventures on the Columbia and then sailing in the ocean for the first time. Some of those times were a little sketchy, but overall it was just the best experience. I can't wait until Charlie is a little older and we can take him out on the Hobie Cat. I've missed sailing so much! 





4. All of our cruises! We have been on EIGHT together: Carnival Cruise to Mexico, Princess Cruise to Alaska, Holland America Cruise repositioning in the Pacific Northwest, Norwegian Repositioning in the Pacific Northwest, Royal Caribbean Transatlantic from England to Spain to Florida, Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean, Royal Caribbean to the Eastern Caribbean, and a Celebrity Cruise to Hawaii. Seriously, we have had the best time cruising around together. It's the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure. You get plenty of time to nap and rest and eat ALL the food, but every day you're in a new place that you get to explore. We are definitely big fans of cruises and have made so many fun memories!












5. Buying our homes. It was so scary to buy our first home in Oregon, but it ended up being our best decision ever! We bought during the crash so we were able to benefit a ton when the market went back up and pay off our student loans. When we moved to Utah, we bought our current house and then a few years later our first rental. Again, one of our best decisions ever. We have loved being landlords and have plans to buy another one this winter! We are really hopeful that are choices to buy homes will enable Landon to retire early!


6. Our first trip to Hawaii. I had been to Hawaii a handful of times, but Landon had never been and now he totally understands my obsession and he's obsessed too. I was pregnant at the time so it was our last trip just the two of us and will always be such a special memory for me. 


7. This isn't just one memory but something that has been so impactful on our marriage. I have loved 10 years of walking with you Landon! We go on a walk every single night. Rain or snow. Sunshine or freezing. It's so nice to have an hour every night just dedicated to talking to each other, no distractions. 

please notice our puppies :)
8. Flying together in Oregon was another huge adventure for us. It was soooo cool to finally see Landon in his element doing what he loves. I had never flown in a small airplane before, so I was definitely a little scared but overall I just loved getting to fly with my love. We would fly to the ocean, we flew to Utah TWICE, we flew to Seattle... It really was just an adventure! 



9. All of our road trips! I don't even know how many we've been on... so many! Our first road trip was to Texas to meet Landon's family. We had only been dating 1.5 months and we were already that serious, which is crazy to me but honestly we were just instant best friends. I love having all the time to talk and sing our songs and eat junk food. We've been to California a handful of times, St. George quite a few times, Texas a handful of times, Oregon to Utah and back a few times, Kennewick a few times, Yellowstone... I know I'm missing some but I've loved them all! 




10. Just every day life! Landon, I love our life together. Even just the simple, every day moments and days that we get to spend together. I just love being around you. You really are my best friend! 






We had big plans to go to Japan for our 10 year anniversary, but then I got pregnant and obviously can't travel at 38+ weeks pregnant... so we went to Cheesecake Factory on Saturday instead. Pretty exciting huh? :)

It's been a heck of a ride, and I can't wait to see what the next decade holds for us! We'll have a 13 and an almost 10 year old which is CRAZY to think about! I love you so much my Landon Dean! Thanks for choosing me and loving me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...