Thursday, November 28, 2019

Pregnancy Update: 37-39 Weeks.

HOLY COW THE BABY IS COMING TOMORROW!!!! I really can't believe it, it doesn't feel real. We are so so so so excited to meet this sweet boy and hold him and see what he looks like and AHH I just can't believe it!

Charlie has been so excited and has loved ripping off his paper chains every day. He is going to be the best big brother and I really am DYING to see the two of them meet. 

I've been a little more nervous this time around, I think because I know what I'm getting into as far as how a C-section is, the recovery, and of course the lack of sleep for the first few months. I'm also just anxious about how the transition will be for Charlie, but I really hope he handles it well and doesn't feel neglected. :( 

I have been extra emotional the past week or so thinking about how this chapter of our lives is coming to an end. Change is hard, even when it's amazing change. It's really hard to explain how I'm feeling because I am SOOO happy and ecstatic but a little sad too. I've just loved this time with my Charlie and hope that he remembers it and knows how special he is to me, always. Even if my time/attention has to be divided now, my love for him (and for Baby Boy) isn't divided! I know my heart is just going to grow so I can give all of my love to both of these sweet boys! 

I've spent the past few weeks deep cleaning the house, stocking up the fridge, and Charlie has been on quarantine because we were so scared he would get sick before the baby. Luckily my parents have been so awesome and took him to the park a few times and came over to play with him while I cleaned, so he still had a fun time. He also had one last Nini day, which he just loves too. He's a very loved boy and I am just so grateful for all of the help I've had already! 

Landon got his cast off on Tuesday, so after that we felt like we could breathe! Like if the baby decided to come early, now it would be okay! I really haven't had many contractions or anything though, so I think he's just snug as a bug and in no hurry to come out! That night we broke our quarantine rule and went to see Frozen 2. Charlie knew he wasn't allowed to touch anything and we Clorox wiped the seats haha. I'm so glad we went though because it was our last family outing as a family of 3 and it really was so much fun. Anna and Elsa were there, but Charlie was too shy to say hi. He had been talking about it all day, but when the time came.. he was just too nervous, sweet boy! He did wave goodbye to them as they left. :)


We also had our last appointment with Dr. Smith two Wednesdays ago. I didn't realize it would be my last appointment because they don't make you come in the week you're having the baby. Charlie has LOVED going to these appointments, he seriously loves the nurses and Dr. "Smif." When the nurse called my name this time, he jumped out of his chair and was screaming with excitement that it was our turn. He loves hearing the baby's heartbeat and does the BEST impression of how it sounds. I had no idea it would be my last time hearing it, but I think that's a good thing because I probably would've cried so it's better not to know haha.

Soooo here we go! I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 10 am so we'll drop Charlie off at Nini and Papa's around 9. The C-section is scheduled for noon, so we'll have Charlie come see the baby after his nap and then grandparents. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! 

Today is such a special Thanksgiving! I know it's one we'll never forget. We spent the morning playing in the snow, making Frosty, and having hot chocolate. I'm just trying to soak up this last day of only being Charlie's Mama. Oh my heart, I love that boy so much! 




After naps, we are heading over to Nini and Papa's to have Thanksgiving with them and also Grandpa and Grandma and Chepa. I'm just so extra grateful this year. My heart is SOOO full and so happy! 

This is my LAST pregnancy update EVER so here we go!!! AHHHH! 

Baby is the Size of a: baby? haha! Seriously, I'm so anxious to find out how big he is. I'm guessing he'll be 7lbs 2oz? 19 inches long? Okay the pregnancy app says he's the size of a pumpkin, which makes sense because that's exactly what it looks like is under my shirt haha. 

Cravings: Same old, same old. I really like Nerds and carbs. 

Food Aversions: Can I just say how excited I am to have my appetite back?!?! I told Landon I want him to go get us burgers tomorrow!!!!! And I already have turkey, miracle whip, and cheese in my fridge ready to go to have turkey sandwiches EVERY day when I get home! 

Symptoms: I've been more nauseous this week which is kind of annoying but I'm almost done so it's okay! I had to take Zofran two nights in a row but didn't take miralax which is a huge problem because Zofran just messes you up as far as your digestive system goes (TMI). Well I didn't realize it, but I had the WORST trapped gas ever and my collarbones/shoulders were hurting soooooo bad. I was crying! It was awful but got better after I took the dang miralax. I can't believe I'm almost done being sick!!!!  

Fears: Of course I'm worried to have surgery tomorrow and I'm worried about recovery will be, but I'm actually surprisingly calm right now. 

General Mood: I've been so emotional this week and cry a lot but I'm very, very happy and EXCITED! 

Sleep: Waking up every few hours to pee, but I guess my body is just preparing for how little sleep I'll be getting starting tomorrow night. :) 

Movement: He has a party every night around 10:30 or 11. It's soooo funny because he's so calm and hardly moves all day and then every night he just goes CRAZY. I can't wait to see it in action tomorrow night. His hyper time! :) Otherwise his movements are really just little stretches and little kicks here and there. He's just the sweetest little boy!!!! 

Looking Forward To: MEETING THIS SWEET BOY TOMORROW!!! WE LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

37 Weeks!
38 Weeks!
39 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...