Friday, September 13, 2019

Pregnancy Update: 26-28 Weeks!

Hello third trimester!!! I can't believe it! We'll be having this baby in 11 weeks (at the latest!!!) I'm seriously just in denial at how fast this pregnancy has flown by. I feel like this baby is going to be here in half a second, so I've felt this huge pressure to get everything ready for him. I know 2 months is pretty far away but I also know how fast 2 months can fly by! So these past few weeks I've been getting everything ready. I've picked up all the baby gear from my sister (thanks Mary!!!!) including the bassinet which is all washed and set up, the bouncers, the baby bath, etc. I also have started washing all the baby's clothes and so far all the newborn stuff is washed, folded, and put away. The 0-3 month stuff is currently in my washer and dryer, with at least one more load to go. This baby has WAY more clothes than Charlie did because I got some from my sister. We also went to JoAnn's and picked out fabric for his baby blanket. Charlie was soooo cute and loved picking it out and then wanted to carry it around the store. When we got home, he was really upset because he didn't want his "cozy blanket" he wanted the baby's cozy blanket... I got a little peak into my future and the fun times that we are going to have with sharing... ;)



In other news, Charlie and I had the WORST stomach bug last week. On Wednesday night Charlie had been acting just fine. We went on our walk, rode bikes, got ready for bed and he was acting just fine. Then I tucked him in for bed and he told me his tummy was hurting and that he needed medicine. This isn't an uncommon thing for Charlie to tell me he has a "fever" or that he feels sick and needs medicine because he really likes medicine haha. Anyway, I just tucked him in and walked away. Two minutes later he was screaming, "MAMA! MAMA!" and I ran in there to see him laying down covered in SOOOO much throw up. It was sooooo sad. I felt so bad that I didn't believe him. The first 1.5 hours, he threw up FIVE times. Then he continued to throw up every hour all night and into the morning. It was sooooo sad. I just slept in his bed with him and when he would start crying I would grab the puke bucket and catch it. Then we'd fall asleep holding hands and start the whole process over again in 45 minutes or so. It was seriously so heartbreaking! He threw up 18 times total over the next 36 hours. I've never seen anything like it! On Sunday morning, I woke up and threw up 3 times in an hour and I knew it wasn't my regular pregnancy nausea...  I only threw up 10 times but still, it was horrible! I was so worried I would get dehydrated and start having contractions but luckily I was able to stay hydrated by just sipping on water all day. 

Charlie snuggling me on my sick day
Finally feeling better!
Lots of snuggles when he was sick!

So, it's definitely been an eventful few weeks around here. Hopefully we are just getting all this sickness out of the way before Baby Boy comes. Seriously, the weeks before he's born we are going to be in quarantine so that none of us get sick! 

Alright, time for the pregnancy update...

Baby is the Size of a: He went from a scallion, to a head of cauliflower, and is now the size of a large eggplant. He weighs just over 2 pounds now!

Cravings: Sugar! Especially sour candy.

Food Aversions: I can eat chicken a little bit now, but I still don't want a hamburger or a steak. 

Symptoms: This past week I've actually been feeling a little bit better. I've had a few nights where I didn't even need to take my zofran! I still get nauseous every morning (like from 10am-12pm?) and most nights I still feel pretty yucky. 

Fears: It's hard to describe how I'm feeling, because it just feels so complicated. Of course I am sooooo excited for this baby and already love him so much! But at the same time I'm totally scared about what this new baby is going to do to our family dynamic, how Charlie is going to handle not having my full attention anymore, etc. etc. etc. I just try to remind myself that giving Charlie a little brother is going to be the best gift we can give him and that he's going to be so grateful to have him, but who knows how he'll feel at first and how the transition will be? Hopefully it's smooth and he just loves him and doesn't feel jealous or like he's not getting enough love or attention. It seriously breaks my heart! 

General Mood: Is tired a mood? Haha seriously sooo tired, always. Which also means I'm usually on edge/don't have much patience.

Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty good at night other than waking up to pee 50 times. I also feel like most days I need a nap to make it through the day.

Movement: He's definitely a quiet boy compared to Charlie, but occasionally he'll get a little crazy. Maybe once or twice a week, he'll be hyper or something and just go crazy with the kicking. But mostly I normally don't even know if he's awake or not because his kicks are just so little/infrequent. Yesterday Landon had his head on my belly and was talking to the baby. I told him that I thought he was awake, but wasn't sure because he's just so quiet. Sure enough, the baby started kicking Landon's face when he was talking to him! He loves his daddy! :)

Looking Forward To: We are heading to San Diego on Thursday to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and their two girls. Charlie LOVES Evie and Audrey so he is really excited. Wish me luck on the 10 hour car drive though... Eeeek! 


26 weeks!
27 Weeks! And looking rough because this during Charlie's puking extravaganza... :(
28 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...