Friday, August 23, 2019

Pregnancy Update: 23-25 Weeks!

Look at me, doing another pregnancy update and it's only been 3 weeks and not over a month haha! I really need to get on top of this blog because I have so much I want to document and remember but I have just been slacking lately!

The big news for these past few weeks is that Charlie officially moved into his new big boy room on August 17! This was a huge step to get ready for Baby and we have been talking about it for MONTHS. He's been so excited and calls it his "special room" but we had a lot to do to get it ready. It was previously Landon's office and we had all of our books in there so we had to move it all down to the basement. Then Charlie went with me to Hobby Lobby and Target to pick out decorations (he looooved this part, it was adorable! I let him choose how he wanted to decorate and he chose dinosaurs). It turned out soooo cute and he's been doing so well sleeping in there. He doesn't get out of his bed until we come and get him--he's such an obedient, sweet little boy! I of course was crying like a baby when he took his first nap in there... He's just getting too big way too fast. 







Now the nursery is all set for Baby Boy! I'll just keep the same decorations which makes it easy. If we would've had a girl, I definitely would have updated it. :)

Okay here's the update... 

Baby is the Size of a: He went from a mango, to an ear of corn, to a rutabaga these past few weeks. He's about 1.5 pounds and 13 1/2 inches long which seems sooo big to me. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!

Cravings: Right now I'm really into those tiny round tortilla chips. I also apparently really want a big pretzel with cheese dip because Landon was telling me he had one at work and I was freaking out and suddenly needed one. Ha!

Food Aversions: I feel like my appetite is getting a little better? I can sometimes eat chicken if it's breaded, cooked really dry, or mixed in with something like in a burrito. I still mostly want bagel bites though. 

Symptoms: Well my nausea medicine that I take morning and night (Bonjesta) just went from $60/month to $99/month. It doesn't get billed to my insurance either (that would have been like $300/month) so it's hard to justify that much money a month when we are just paying for it without it counting towards our deductible or anything. So I just stopped taking it a few days ago and I've totally been feeling more nauseous. Luckily I still have Zofran that I take at night and definitely helps me to not throw up as much least. TMI story but Zofran totally constipates you, so you really need to be on top of Miralax. Well I forgot to take it for a few days and let's just say I had a really really rough night. It was so bad that by 2 am I was actually having contractions for a few hours and it completely freaked me out. So now I'm just taking my Miralax every day at lunch so I don't forget. It was not fun! 

Fears: I guess I've been feeling anxious lately about how much I have to do to get ready for baby. We have all the major baby items obviously, but it just feels like there's a lot of little things to do. Like I need to get this baby some warm clothes, since Charlie was born in the spring his clothes are all for warmer weather. And I keep having dreams that my water breaks and I have the baby super early! Hopefully that doesn't happen but it definitely makes me feel like I should just get everything ready. I need to make his blanket, get clothes, and do Christmas shopping so I don't have to worry about that with a newborn. 

General Mood: Still happy, but emotional and I get big mood swings. It doesn't take much to set me off. 

Sleep: I wake up like 3-4 times to pee which sucks but other than that I sleep pretty good. I just can't get enough sleep and I always feel so tired!

Movement: YES! Oh my gosh, it's my favorite! I feel so bad because I definitely don't enjoy being pregnant because I am just so sick. But I do LOVE it at the same time! Seriously, feeling this little guy move is my favorite. He is getting more active, but I still don't think he's as crazy as Charlie. Sometimes I don't even know he's awake but then I'll feel a tiny jab. He's also head up, feet down so he sometimes kicks me very low and let's just say it really hurts.... Just a few nights ago we saw him move on the outside for the first time and it was soooo cool! He doesn't kick that strongly very often, but when he does I just can't stop staring at my belly! 

Looking Forward To: Well, I'm not looking forward to my glucose test in a few weeks but I am looking forward to the bi-weekly appointments that come after that. That means we are getting closer to the end and meeting this sweet boy! We cannot wait!!!! I love talking to Charlie about it and explaining that Mom and Dad will have to leave and go to the hospital but then he will get to come and meet the baby. He just squeals with excitement. We love you so much Baby Boy! 

Here are the belly pics from the past few weeks. 

23 Weeks
24 Weeks
25 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...