Before I found out I was pregnant, we had talked about how we wanted to take Charlie camping a few times this summer. Last summer when we took him to Goblin Valley, it was a little bit of a nightmare at night trying to get him to sleep in a sleeping bag... but we figured he'd do a lot better now that he's older and wanted to give it another shot.
Well, there's no way I was about to sleep in a sleeping bag at 27 weeks pregnant (my bed is hardly even comfortable at this point) so Landon decided he would invite his dad and have a boys camping trip. Leading up to the trip we told Charlie about it and he was sooooo excited! Then he got sick a few days before the trip (seriously the worst stomach bug ever! He threw up 18 times!) I was so heartbroken for him because he was really looking forward to it... but it didn't seem like he'd be feeling better in time. Luckily, the day before he finally started to feel better and he was able to go!!
It was really hard for me to say bye to my boys, but I knew they would have so much fun! Charlie was seriously BEAMING as we buckled him up and I said goodbye.
They went camping at Albion Basin up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Charlie looooved setting up the tent.
Then they went on a little bike ride and a hike up to Cecret Lake. I can't believe Charlie hiked all the way up on his own, but Landon said he did great!
Then they went back to camp and roasted hot dogs and of course had s'mores. Landon told me that Charlie was so scared of the fire at first and wouldn't go near it, so he ate at the picnic table and was FREEZING. They finally convinced him to come closer to the fire and he of course loved it. :)
Unfortunately, it started raining at 3 am, so by the time they woke up in the morning they decided to come right home. But, even with the rain I think all three boys had a really fun time camping! I know that Landon and Daren will treasure these memories forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment